Tennessee Respite Coalition
Tennessee Respite Coalition
This full-time position coordinates our Senior Volunteer Program volunteers in Davidson and Sumner counties. These senior volunteers provide companionship and support to older adults within Davidson and Sumner counties. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be detail-oriented, reliable, collaborative, extremely organized, patient, and self-motivated. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Volunteer Coordinator currently works remotely, except for in-person meetings in our Mt Juliet office and meetings with volunteers and care recipients in Davidson and Sumner counties. This position does entail occasional travel and generally not overnight.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Research facilities where volunteers will serve. For example, assisted living, nursing homes and hospice.
- Engage with facilities to become partner stations with TRC.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Train volunteers – orientation/background checks.
- Conduct home assessments and match placements.
- Communication with stations.
- Organize and plan monthly in-service trainings, including arranging for guest speakers.
- Plan and facilitate volunteer appreciation events.
- Collect monthly timesheets from volunteers and track all information.
- Securing placements for volunteers.
- Follow up with volunteers and clients, including drop-in visits to the placement site.
- Attend weekly meetings one-on-one and staff meetings.
- Day to day interaction with volunteers and or caregivers/recipients.
- Assist with the preparation and mailing of checks.
- Answering calls and emails that come into the TRC office inquiring about the Senior Volunteer Program.
- Coordinate a Caregiver Appreciation event annually in November.
- Educate and increase awareness of TRC services through presentations, networking and other opportunities.
- Complete required reports on program activities.
- Assist with off-site events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with families involved in caregiving/parenting situations (personal involvement in caregiving considered)
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors degree preferred
- EXTREMELY ORGANIZED
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to empathize with families in stressful situations
- Effective time management skills
- Promptness and dependability
- Ability to follow oral or written directions
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Office culture that supports and encourages wellness and work/life balance
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: March 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $35,000 - $38,000