Working from the Nashville campus and reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the incoming Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and implementing all volunteer-related programming and events associated with Dismas House of Nashville. The Volunteer Coordinator will also work closely with the VP of Programs to assist in the planning and implementation of daytime and evening programming. We’re looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and their families and will take initiative in planning and coordinating volunteer efforts and effectively communicating with volunteers, residents and Dismas staff. The ideal candidate will have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evenings and some weekend hours as needed. Further, the ideal candidate must have a reliable car, and be comfortable and have experience and/or passion for helping formerly incarcerated individuals.
- Experience with volunteer or project management, implementation, and/or coordination.
- 1-3 years of related experience in coordinating or organizing volunteers and people and wearing many hats, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
- Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of prison culture desired.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
- Paid health, vision and dental insurance
- 10 paid holidays + 15 days of Paid Time Off
How to Apply
- Date Posted: October 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/31/2020
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience