Tennessee Respite Coalition
Tennessee Respite Coalition
This full-time position coordinates our Senior Volunteer Program volunteers in Davidson County and will be launching our new Senior Volunteer Program in Sumner and Rutherford Counties. These senior volunteers provide companionship and support to older adults within Davidson, Sumner, and Rutherford counties. To be successful in this position, a candidate must have experience with volunteer coordination, be detail-oriented, reliable, collaborative, extremely organized, patient, and self-motivated. This is a hybrid position—the Volunteer Coordinator will work from home 3 days per week and in our Nashville office two days per week. They will also meet with volunteers and care recipients in Davidson, Sumner, and Rutherford counties.
The Tennessee Respite Coalition is committed to actively cultivating and preserving a culture of equity, inclusion and connectedness. We strive to create a space that enables everyone to bring their full self to the work and that embraces the full spectrum of humanity. These values permeate all aspects of our work.
We are committed to equitable hiring, training, promotional practices, and policies. We value the unique contributions people bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, marital status, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Research facilities where volunteers will serve. For example, assisted living, nursing homes and hospice.
- Engage with facilities to become partner stations with TRC.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Train volunteers – orientation/background checks.
- Conduct home assessments and match placements.
- Communication with stations.
- Organize and plan monthly in-service trainings, including arranging for guest speakers.
- Plan and facilitate volunteer appreciation events.
- Collect monthly timesheets from volunteers and track all information.
- Securing placements for volunteers.
- Follow up with volunteers and clients, including drop-in visits to the placement site.
- Attend weekly meetings one-on-one and staff meetings.
- Day to day interaction with volunteers and or caregivers/recipients.
- Assist with the preparation and mailing of checks.
- Answering calls and emails that come into the TRC office inquiring about the Senior Volunteer Program.
- Coordinate a Caregiver Appreciation event annually in November.
- Educate and increase awareness of TRC services through presentations, networking and other opportunities.
- Complete required reports on program activities.
- Assist with off-site events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Volunteer coordination experience
- Experience working with families involved in caregiving/parenting situations (personal involvement in caregiving considered)
- EXTREMELY ORGANIZED
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to empathize with families in stressful situations
- Effective time management skills
- Promptness and dependability
- Ability to follow oral or written directions
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Office culture that supports and encourages wellness and work/life balance
- Family-friendly work environment
- $1,200 per year reimbursement for mental health counseling
- $1,000 signing bonus
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/11/2022
- Salary Range: 40,000
- Working Hours: M-F 9-5