Dismas House of Nashville
Working from the Nashville campus and reporting to the Vice President of Programs, the incoming Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and implementing all volunteer-related programming associated with Dismas House of Nashville.
- Organizes, coordinates and implements the recruitment of volunteers for the board, various committees, departments and association programs.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Oversees the orientation and training programs for all volunteers including updating the Volunteer Handbook and leading Volunteer training.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Works with Special Events Coordinator to plan the annual volunteer recognition program.
- Promote volunteering internally and externally through recruitment, publicity strategies and campaigns
- Ensure volunteers are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Prepares specialized reports and presentations as it relates to the progress of projects and initiatives.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans to meet the needs of work effort. Responsible for leading the project from inception to final business acceptance and implementation.
- Assists the VP of Programs in writing volunteer job descriptions and setting organizational goals.
- Other duties that occur, as needed.
DESIRED BACKGROUND & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership, and program staff
- Three years of related experience in one or more of the following areas, preferably in a non-profit setting: experience in managing and overseeing a group of volunteers that perform various duties
- Outstanding public presentation skills and a capacity to communicate effectively to the press, board, committees, staff, volunteers, and the public in a concise, focused and convincing manner.
- Propensity to work with high energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail
- Able to work autonomously while achieving high impact results
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas, Inc.; understanding of prison culture desired.
- Excel in organizational leadership abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures and protocols.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs
Compensation for the Volunteer Coordinator includes a competitive nonprofit base salary commensurate with education and experience and a comprehensive package of employee and health benefits through the State of Tennessee.
Full time exempt
Generous paid leave and holiday
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter, and list three references to Julie Doochin, Ed.D., VP of Programs at email@example.com. No Phone calls please.
- Date Posted: February 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 02/24/2020
- Salary Range: Compensation is commensurate on education and experience