Volunteer and Student-Intern Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Volunteer and Student-Intern Manager, based at our main office located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214. This position is 37-1/2 hours per week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some flexibility required.
The primary functions of the Volunteer and Student-Intern Manager is to implement the agency’s nonpaid volunteer workforce program, including recruiting, screening, and selecting participants, tracking of hours and duties performed, matching participants to program needs, enforcing agency policies and practices, investigating concerns, and overseeing corrective actions. The Volunteer and Student-Intern Manager reports to the Program Oversight Director and also plays a special role in recruiting members of the Tennessee Serves Neighbors teams, with a dotted-line relationship to the County Program Expansion Director. The Volunteer and Student-Intern Manager must ensure that placements are in compliance with all contract requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years in volunteer program administration
2. Professional Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA)
3. Knowledge/experience in government contracts preferred
1. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
2. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and experience with database reporting system
3. Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
5. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
6. Exercises good judgment, discretion, integrity, and professionalism
7. Thorough knowledge of academic internships and volunteer management
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
10. Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients
Catholic Charities offers excellent benefits including health, life and short-term disibility plans. You will receive two weeks paid vacation your first year in addition to twelve personal leave days. We also provide fourteen paid holidays each year. We offer Employee Assistance Programs and wellness training for all employees.
How to Apply
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please email cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 24, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: 37-1/2 hrs/wk; 8:00am - 4:30pm