Hands On Nashville
Volunteer Ambassador and Community Leader – AmeriCorps
Hands On Nashville
Are you passionate about the power of volunteerism? Do you wake up energized to inspire volunteers and act as an ambassador for good? Help Hands On Nashville build a robust pipeline of volunteers as an AmeriCorps Member.
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
If you’re excited about the power of volunteerism, and can think creatively and collaboratively about how to inspire and engage volunteers, then this is the right role for you. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work well independently, as well as part of a team. Public speaking skills and second language skills are a plus. This leader should also be social media savvy and ready to be an ambassador for Hands On Nashville in the community.
The Volunteer Ambassador and Community Leader recruits and engages a wide variety of volunteers to bolster the work of HON’s community partners. The Leader assists the Partnership and Communications teams by planning and executing volunteer outreach and retention strategies, as well as boosting HON’s brand in the community – all of which have a strong focus on accessibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Over the yearlong term, the Leader strategizes ways to recruit potential volunteers, inspire more people to serve, and improve the volunteer experience.
The Leader will gain experience with communications, program development, volunteer leadership, public speaking, research, and project management.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Oversee preparation and execution for volunteer recruitment events and training for both online and in-person formats
- Research volunteer outreach opportunities and build dynamic lead lists that include key individuals, groups, businesses, events, online spaces, and more
- Evaluate the volunteer experience through formal and informal feedback, as well as data and metrics, and collaborate with team to improve programming and messaging
- Develop resources and processes to cultivate long-term volunteers from pre-service to post-volunteer engagement
- Engage with members of the media to answer questions about volunteering and to recruit volunteers
- Engage existing and prospective volunteers through social media and other communication platforms
Typical Day In This Position
In this role, the Volunteer Ambassador and Community Leader will communicate with community members and inspire them to serve. They will participate in team meetings with the Communications and Partnership team and develop new ways to build relationships with community groups. For example, a day may include leading volunteer orientations, researching and attending community outreach events, and more.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am -4:30 pm with occasional nights and weekends scheduled in advance
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Proactively engaging members of the community
(2) Training volunteers and facilitating discussions
3) Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Key abilities include:
(1) Thinking creatively and offering new ideas and insights
(2) Good project management skills
(3) Effective time management
Public speaking and second language skills are a plus. Reliable access to transportation required. (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5