United Way of Greater Nashville
VITA Virtual Site Coordinator – Seasonal
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Virtual VITA Site Coordinator contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by managing the Get Your Refund virtual tax preparation platform and associated volunteer preparers. This position is responsible for “directing traffic” as tax returns work their way through the virtual VITA process. The work of the Virtual VITA Site Coordinator helps support our VITA Coalition to fulfill UWGN’s mission: to unite the community and mobilize resource so that every child, individual, and family thrives.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Get Your Refund Virtual Platform Duties:
- Manage United Way’s high-volume, Virtual VITA Site as part of a three-person team
- Train and assist volunteers in using GetYourRefund.org platform; TaxSlayer tax preparation software; Slack team communication platform and Volgistics, volunteer management software
- Develop and maintain relationships with Intake-only Sites and Navigators who will be assisting taxpayers on the front-end of the Virtual VITA process
- Direct Traffic by assigning taxpayer tickets to both remote and on-site volunteers, troubleshooting tax issues, assigning quality review, and electronically filing returns
- Ensure three-day standard of communication with taxpayers
- Assist taxpayers to obtain and submit missing tax documents
- Work with taxpayers returns rejected by the IRS
- Prepare and quality review returns if volunteers are not available
- Answer tax law questions for clients and tax preparers after achieving IRS certifications by using IRS-provided materials and with support from VITA team
- Manage both remote and in-person volunteers working on virtual platform
Volunteer Hub Management Duties:
- Open and close part-time physical volunteer prep only site
- Be available on-site during all open hours
- Sustain an inviting, encouraging, supportive, efficient environment for both first year and returning volunteers
- Keep workstations stocked and neat
- Follow CDC, local health, and UWGN safety protocols
- Ensure site complies with IRS guidelines, as it is subject to site inspection
- High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of volunteer management, tax preparation, office administration, accounting, bookkeeping, or related work
- Volunteer management
- Working with diverse populations
- Moderate computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Familiar with federal, personal income taxes
- Must become certified in Volunteer Standards of Conduct, Intake Interview/Quality Review, and Advanced Preparation by January 15th
- Excellent organization and time management
- Willingness to adapt and learn
- Comfortable learning and then teaching new platforms and software
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well in a team
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Planned hours:
- Remote: Tues & Thurs 11am – 5pm
- In-person: Mon & Wed 9:45 am – 7:15 pm, Saturdays 8:45 am – 3:15 pm
- Half-hour break each day
- Subject to change based on volunteer availability and volume of returns.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- This position is off site from UWGN’s campus. This position is required to attend meetings at UWGN home campus as scheduled or via Zoom.
United Way has competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: November 17, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/03/2021
- Working Hours: Remote: Tues & Thurs 11am – 5pm o In-person: Mon & Wed 9:45 am - 7:15 pm, Saturdays 8:45 am - 3:15 pm