Visitor Services Senior Supervisor
Working closely with the Visitor Experience Manager, and Visitor Experience Coordinator, the Visitor Services Senior Supervisor will assist in the training and supervision of Visitor Services Representatives to ensure that our visitors have an experience that is both welcoming and enriching.
- Work cohesively with Visitor Services Management to foster the highest level of guest care
- Motivates and lead by example in setting the appropriate customer service tone for all staff
- Provide ongoing coaching for all department staff
- Work with department leadership and staff to monitor and ensure our customer service, housekeeping and appearance standards are consistently met and the guest facing information is accurate and consistently available.
- Information specialist about Cheekwood, including the history of the mansion, the estate grounds, permanent collection and exhibits. Keeps up to date with the current events on site.
- Ensures that the department schedule is filled, and sufficient coverage is in place.
- Coordinate all departmental communication, including daily headlines, policies and procedures training, and exhibition and program updates for all department staff.
- Perform opening & closing procedures
- Maintains accurate cash and change bag counts and requests change orders as needed
- Assist in investigating and solving all monetary discrepancies quickly and effectively.
- Become proficient with all appropriate software technologies
- Resolves customer service complaints and comments quickly and to the best of ability and calls for assistance as needed.
- Welcome and greet all visitors while explaining the benefits of Cheekwood Membership and the collection of admission fees, while providing excellent customer service to all guests.
- Renews and processes new Cheekwood Memberships as needed
- Greets and shares information with visitors when they arrive at the mansion or visitor services building
- Assist in the management of the ticketing phone line to help quickly solve ticketing questions and issues.
- Monitor all incoming and exiting traffic. Directing guests, workers, delivers and business clients to appropriate sites, and notifying security when necessary.
- Receives incoming phone calls with the ability to inform callers of times, prices, events etc. Directs calls to the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Track and report all data thoroughly and accurately, including all information collected (i.e. cash, credit card, membership forms, demographics data, visitor counts, etc.).
- With Security, helps to enforce Cheekwood’s visitor guidelines and rules for the property, the mansion and museum.
- Directs volunteers assigned to Visitor Services
- Performs other projects assigned by supervisor as needed
The idea candidate will have an energetic and pleasant personality with excellent oral communication skills; ability to operate a cash and ticketing system and money transactions; recognizes customer service concerns and addresses them professionally; availability to work evenings and weekends when required ; ability to understand and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality; excellent attendance and punctuality; strong organizational, analytical and customer service skills; success in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to accuracy and detail; develop strong and trusting relationships within the department and team player maintaining positive relations across departments. A minimum two years of experience in customer service, or related industry, preferred with experience managing staff and point of sale systems and demonstrated computer proficiency. Must have the flexibility to work varied hours including evenings, weekends and the holiday season.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Send your letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Date Posted: February 12, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 02/25/2020
- Working Hours: Varies