The Technical Director oversees all aspects of technical direction including pre-production, video, sound, and equipment to support the Streaming Broadcast Team related to live-stream Sunday worship and other events.
- Direct and oversee the overall operation of the Streaming Broadcast Team in all technical aspects of video recording and editing through pre-production, production, and post-production of worship services and other large events
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for all livestream worship, programs, and events to achieve a successful broadcast
- Provide pre-production planning and assembly of shot list based on specific elements of worship service or event to include camera selections, graphic overlays, and ProPresenter content
- Provide real-time operation of broadcast switcher during livestream services and events
- Manage YouTube link ensuring stability of broadcast uplink prior to and during broadcasts
- With leadership from Director of Production—train and coordinate workflow of Streaming Broadcast Team
- Attend weekly Worship & Arts worship planning meeting
- Perform routine equipment maintenance as directed
- Experience with pro-level video production equipment, including streaming systems, PTZ camera control operations, broadcast audio mix integration, communication systems, etc.
- Experience with and working knowledge of OBS (Open Broadcast System), YouTube platform, ProPresenter, Photoshop, and Final Cut ProX
- Competent in MS Office Suite
- Experience with real-time operation of video broadcast switcher, calling (directing) live camera shots, Up/Down stream keys for lower thirds and other video/graphics, etc.
- Leadership skills and experience in supervising, coaching, and workflow management
- Team-player with ability to lead well and stay calm under pressure while being service-oriented
- Self-starter who anticipates needs of staff and leadership while able to troubleshoot systems and solve problems as they arise
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or related field
Two (2) – five (5) years of experience in video production and/or live stream production preferred.
No benefits as this is a part-time position.
How to Apply
Submit online application at https://www.bumc.net/employment.
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 07/12/2021
- Salary Range: $25-$30 / hour
- Working Hours: Sunday morning 7a-1p plus other hours during the week to prepare.