Vice President of Programs
The Dismas House Vice President of Programs, who reports to the CEO, will have overall responsibility for resident care and the associated program areas, which include case management, mental and physical health, and daily resident programming. They will supervise a program team comprised of case managers, a clinical director, a program coordinator, an admissions manager, and a certified peer recovery specialist. This individual will be a part of the leadership team that drives the program strategy for the organization.
- Oversee all aspects of resident care that includes programming in case management, mental health and recovery support, employment assistance, academic support, financial literacy, technology skills, interpersonal skills, life skills and legal support.
- Supervise a program team that includes a clinical director, a case management team, an admissions manager, a program coordinator, and a certified peer recovery specialist.
- Serve as part of leadership team with the CEO, the VP of operations, and the VP of development that meets weekly to make key organizational decisions.
- Know and/or research best reentry practices and ensure programming is in alignment with evidence-based practice and helps Dismas House achieve its reentry vision.
- Responsible for researching, and writing government grants for eligible programming, and oversee implementation and management which includes processes for reimbursement billing.
- Manage programs in accordance with contractual requirements and maintain compliance with state and federal contracts.
- Identify data collection needs and ensure timely documentation by program staff in the data management system.
- Work closely with various state departments such as the Dept. of Mental Health and manage Dismas House licensures to ensure compliance and effective implementation
- Work in tandem with the Program Committee chair to facilitate and lead bi-monthly program committee meetings.
- Work with program and operations staff to develop ongoing improvement of policies and procedures to ensure consistent, high-quality resident care and programming.
- Initiate new and/or nurture existing community relationships and collaborations, including the development of MOUs that ensure successful implementation.
- Strong understanding of the Dismas program and the ability to speak about the program to individuals and partners and at special events.
- Master’s Degree in behavioral or social sciences, or related field required. Doctorate preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years of related experience in social services and/or case management, preferably in a A&D recovery setting and/or working with justice-involved individuals and/or other at-risk populations.
- Knowledge about the criminal justice field and specifically the reentry space.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with supervision of staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively, empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
- Passion and commitment for the mission of Dismas House; an understanding of prison culture and the challenges faced by returning citizens is greatly desired.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around data management and business procedures.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
- Comfortable going inside jails and prisons and working with justice-involved individuals.
- Looking for an individual who is energetic, positive, flexible, takes initiative, with good attention to detail, and at the same time has the ability to see the big picture.
- Individual must have flexibility with work hours including some nights and weekend hours (and holidays) to address residents emerging needs and support of a 24/7 operation.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits package through Blue Cross Blue Shield that includes dental and vision.
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: December 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/15/2022
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience