Vice President of Operations
Dismas House of Nashville
Working from the Nashville headquarters and reporting to the CEO, the incoming VP of Operations is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of Dismas to support the growth of the organization and the consistent delivery of services for residents and staff.
- Direct and oversee development of Policies and Procedures as it relates to resident and staff activities.
- Manage the operations and programming budget.
- Manage development and use of data management systems.
- Work cooperatively with CEO, VP of Programs and VP of Development to develop strategic plans for the organization.
- Oversight of Faculties Manager and operations including daily function of the building, technology/communications, security and security staff, housekeeping, linen service, landscaping, routine maintenance, repairs, and inspections.
- Oversight of kitchen facilities including supervision of Kitchen Manager, kitchen operations, budget management, health compliance, and use of space.
- Coordination of in-house work of residents with VP of Programs.
- Manage use of space for residents, and of criteria for eternal rentals or programs on premises.
- Manage housing rental applications and agreements.
ADMISSIONS INTO PROGRAM:
- Oversight of all admissions operations, including intake, initial room assignment, and discharge in coordination with Case Management.
- Maintains productive working relationships with TDOC and state agencies.
- Provides regular reporting of admissions activity and residency metrics.
- Oversight of Volunteer Manager and volunteer engagement, including policy and procedure, tracking and reporting.
MANAGEMENT OF PERIPHERAL PROGRAMMING:
- Evaluate and manage development of new programming which benefits residents and/or increases revenue.
- Oversight and scheduling usage of the Dismas van for transportation of the residents.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proven track record of being the operator of a residential program with a minimum of seven years and progressively responsible leadership.
- Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership, and program staff
- Must possess a high level of integrity with a proven ability to establish trust-based relationships regarding ongoing, mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Able to work autonomously while achieving high impact results.
- Propensity to work with high energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team and an interest in building a strong organizational culture.
- Excel in organizational leadership abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures and protocols.
- Be versatile in interacting and communicating effectively with everyone from an client to a Board Member.
- Strong public presentation skills and a capacity to communicate effectively to the press, board, committees, staff, volunteers, and the public in a concise, focused and convincing manner.
Compensation for the VP of Operations includes a competitive nonprofit base salary commensurate with experience, a performance-based incentive package and a package of employee and health benefits.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/06/2020
- Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00 - 5:00pm