Nashville Rescue Mission
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Nashville Rescue Mission
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications will lead the development of marketing/communications strategies and all internal and external marketing/communications/PR functions for the organization including content development. This position ensures the integration of effective marketing and communication strategies across all functional areas of the organization while leading a team in strengthening community awareness of the Mission, growing donor relationships, and exceeding fundraising goals.
Marketing and Brand Management
- Develops, coordinates and implements high level integrated, multi-channel campaigns around marketing, fundraising, and general brand awareness that positions the Mission as a non-profit leader while supporting the Missions fundraising and programmatic goals.
- Direct strategic brand initiatives, ensure brand consistency in all Mission programs and communications, and manage cross-functional efforts related to furthering the mission of Nashville Rescue Mission.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors to provide added value and develop savings opportunities in the areas of advertising, creative and printing, that dont reduce the quality or caliber of campaigns.
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget.
- Oversees publicity, media relations and thought-leadership efforts to promote the organization, its executives and subject matter experts, and issues relating to homelessness to increase brand awareness.
- Serves as corporate spokesperson and responds to members of the media in a timely manner.
- Leads the Marketing and Communications team with both oversight and hands-on support in developing and implementing creative and marketing projects, direct response marketing and fundraising, content strategy, branding and advertising.
- Serves as a mentor to all personnel within the marketing department.
- Participates the Senior Leadership Team.
- Attends Board of Directors meetings as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related areas required.
- 5+ years proven experience in developing and implementing innovative marketing and communications strategies. Experience in fundraising is preferred.
- 5+ years in a supervisory role, preferably at the senior level.
- Proven collaborator and influencer who can serve the needs of internal and external stakeholders and can lead interdepartmental initiatives to collectively accomplish organizational goals.
- Strategic and results-oriented leader who can translate business and operations plans into marketing and communication strategies.
- Sets priorities and execute against them, while also seeing to immediate organizational needs.
- Technologically proficient in digital marketing tools, CRM tools, and fundraising software.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate high level content and oversee staff in the creation of content.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume.
- Date Posted: April 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other