Sexual Assault Center
Vice President of Human Resources
Sexual Assault Center
The Sexual Assault Center (SAC) in Nashville Tennessee is looking for a VP of Human Resources to join our team in an exciting time of development and organizational growth. SAC’s mission is to provide healing for children, adults, and families affected by sexual assault and to end sexual violence through counseling, education, and advocacy. The VP of Human Resources is responsible for the strategic management of the agency’s personnel resources and all human resource initiatives such as Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Development, Performance Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Leave Management, Employee Relations, and Employment Law. As a part of the senior leadership team, this incumbent will work to set the human resources direction for the agency and manage day-to-day activities associated with its execution.
- Create a human resources strategy and multi-year roadmap directly aligned with the overall growth plan of the company.
- Provide cross-functional team support and engagement to leaders and employees in the areas of (leaders) performance coaching, interpersonal conflict, resolution strategies, organizational strategy, (employees) benefits, career mapping, onboarding, and offboarding.
- Responsible for the outcome of human resources strategies implemented by department heads/managers/directors in the following areas: talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee retention, and AA/EEO compliance. Create and maintain audit mechanisms that are compliant with all applicable laws.
- Advise all employees and labor policies such as ADA, FMLA, FLSA, and OSHA.
- Recommend and implement program(s) and training tools to foster positive work relationships and promote a high level of employee morale, productivity, engagement, and retention.
- Oversee staff operations, business planning, succession planning, and budget development of HR programs.
- Create a model that will centralize Talent Acquisition. Develop effective HR strategies that positions the organization as an employer of choice; consistently attracting, developing, and retaining top talent.
- Advise senior leadership in matters relating to people, HR processes, employment practices, HR programs and corresponding impact on the center.
- Champion Diversity and Inclusion efforts across the organization. Provides critical support to the organization’s DEI strategy to achieve and support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and provide weekly updates on the HR department initiatives to the company’s President and/or to the company’s executive leadership team.
- Resolve day-to-day questions, problems, and/or complaints from all levels of employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business/Personnel/ Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare, social service or nonprofit setting or any relevant experience in a similar organization.Experience using human resource information system and Microsoft Office platform.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytic and business acumen abilities.
- HRCI certification or SHRM/SPHR credential.
- Nonprofit experience.
- Experience with Paychex.
Full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, and 401K.
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: November 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Hybrid remote/onsite schedule. Flex schedule available within work hours.