Vice President of Development
Job Title: Vice President of Development
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt – Salary
Location: Remote – Some Travel Required
MentorHub (“Supportive Accountability Hub, Inc.”) was founded as a nonprofit 501c3 in 2020 to advance equitable and unfettered access to evidence-based behavioral health, education, and human services for people everywhere. Today, we work side-by-side with practitioners, researchers, and communities to create technology and specialized mentoring services that can multiply the impact of mentors and youth service providers and remove systemic, geographic, and social barriers to receiving effective and affirming support. As a young nonprofit, MentorHub offers entrepreneurial and mission-driven professionals a rare opportunity to grow with an organization that is committed to creating networks of care, opportunity, and belonging that leave no one in the margins.
MentorHub seeks its first Vice President of Development to create and execute fundraising efforts in support of MentorHub’s mission.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced development professional to create and implement strategic revenue-generating initiatives and programming for a nonprofit committed to achieving sustainability through both philanthropy and earned revenue (fee-for-service).
This new position is a senior leadership position reporting directly to the CEO. The VP of Development will work closely with the CEO and other stakeholders to translate MentorHub’s vision in ways that align with the goals of a wide range of funders and collaborators.
On a day-to-day basis, the VP will work to establish and deepen relationships with funders, support collaborative investment and/or crowdfunding campaigns with client partners, and create sustainable revenue streams that include a balance of philanthropic giving, grants, and corporate giving.
This VP will also play a supporting role in generating earned revenue by managing strategic communications and relationships that promote MentorHub’s sale of its technology subscriptions and services.
This position’s key responsibilities reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies necessary to perform the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They should not be regarded as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. MentorHub may change specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the organization’s needs.
- Revenue Generation: First and foremost, the VP is responsible annually for securing new and renewed funding that aligns with MentorHub’s mission, work, impact, and goals. The position’s annual target goals will be developed with input from the hired team member and will approximate $1 million per year;
- Portfolio Management: Grow and manage a relationship-based portfolio of active funders and philanthropic investors with a primary focus on prospecting, securing, and retaining a portfolio to include, but not limited to Foundations, Corporations, and high-net-worth individuals;
- Facilitate Collaborative Fundraising: Create and lead crowdfunding initiatives among current partners — “pioneering partners,” to secure additional investments in the development and enhancement of the MentorHub platform alongside its users;
- Grant Writing: Lead from start to finish the identification and development of grant writing projects, presentations, and/or stewardship reports for MentorHub directly or in collaboration with contracted grant writers in support of funding and sponsorship requests. Specific target goals will be developed with the hired team member;
- Effective Communication: Communicate accurate, compelling, and customized funding narratives year-around for funding opportunities and updates – including the use of verbal, written, digital, social media, and other presentation formats;
- Donor Stewardship Cycle: Create and manage MentorHub’s cycle of donor communications and other stewardship initiatives to ensure regular, healthy, reciprocal, and strengthened connections between MentorHub, its funders, and the impacts achieved. This includes but is not limited to, leading and/or working collaboratively with teammates on newsletters, social media strategies, events, and annual communications plans;
- Donor Database Management: Manage MentorHub’s donor database entry and report generation, ensuring accurate, complete, and timely record-keeping of donor contact information, donor giving history, and relevant donor file and note documentation. Oversee timely gift acknowledgment and receipt;
- Collaborate: From a funding perspective with all team members in the strategic development and composition of key program and impact narratives;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MentorHub is seeking a collaborative and experienced development professional with the skills required to be a leading contributor to significant annual revenue growth supporting MentorHub’s annual budget and impact projections. Above all, the successful candidate will bring to the role a firm belief in MentorHub’s vision/mission. They will possess the following additional professional skills, experience, and personal characteristics that validate their readiness to lead and grow strategic philanthropy:
- Experience in fundraising, sales, and/or relationship management (or related fields);
- Experience in donor cultivation at a national or regional level is highly desirable;
- Successful leadership experience with volunteer Boards/Committees preferred;
- Excellent communicator; successful in creating complex storyboards to convey an effective, compelling narrative (verbal, written, visual, etc.);
- Strong skills in strategic thinking, team collaboration, and interpersonal relationships;
- Desire to take on and lead other donor investment-related projects—including those involving event planning, donor relations management, data, writing, and research;
- Independent self-starter who embraces a fast-paced, goal-oriented, collaborative work environment with open-mindedness and urgency;
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred
The salary for this position will be $80,000 per year. MentorHub provides the following benefits to our team to help support a healthy work/life balance:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k)We match 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay, and staff is 100% vested upon enrollment
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 paid holidays
- Work remotely so you can live and work wherever you like
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employees must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Your Name– Vice President of Development “in the subject line or by clicking here.
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
MentorHub values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages all genders, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. MentorHub is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
- Date Posted: July 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: $80,000