Vice President of Development
Working from the Nashville headquarters and reporting to the CEO, the incoming Vice President of Development is responsible for creating and executing the annual revenue plan for fundraising activities including cultivating and closing major gifts, stewardship of all donations, overseeing grant-writing efforts, and partnering with the CEO on fundraising efforts. The Vice President of Development also works as part of a revenue team that includes corporate partnerships, events and membership. The VP will also support the development activities in association with the Board of Directors and ultimately expand a successful program to build upon the financial resources necessary to further enhance the organization’s worldwide brand.
- Successfully develop and execute a personal department goal in excess of $1MM of the organization’s $2.5MM annual budget
- Serve as a strategic partner and a member of the executive leadership team on a range of fundraising initiatives and programs including strategy development, donor cultivation, and donor events
- Oversee the organization’s development department and direct all of the fundraising activities, including identifying funding opportunities from foundations, corporations, and public sources, prospecting individual and major donors, and implementing targeted strategies for each opportunity
- Develop donor relation strategies and stewardship to cultivate new corporate and foundation gifts
- Create and maintain a consistent and methodical system for timely cultivation, stewardship, and fulfillment of campaign donor recognition for annual individual donors
- Work in conjunction with Board of Directors on fundraising initiatives
- Develop and manage annual departmental budget and track expenses
- Develop, communicate and implement goals and objectives
- Ensure fiduciary responsibility, compliance, sound financial management and financial accountability for contributions, income and all other assets
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred.
- Proven track record of fundraising with a minimum of seven years and progressively responsible leadership.
- Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership, and program staff.
- Must possess a high level of integrity with a proven ability to establish trust-based relationships regarding ongoing, mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Able to work autonomously while achieving high impact results.
- Propensity to work with high energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team and an interest in building a strong organizational culture.
- Excel in organizational leadership abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Be versatile in interacting and communicating effectively with everyone from a returning citizen to a potential donor in the C-suite.
- Outstanding public presentation skills and a capacity to communicate effectively to the press, board, committees, staff, volunteers, and the public in a concise, focused, and convincing manner.
Compensation for the Vice President of Development includes a competitive nonprofit base salary commensurate with experience, a performance-based incentive package and a package of employee and health benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to Careers@dismas.org. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: May 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/01/2022