Tennessee Health Care Campaign
Vaccine Equity Program Manager
Tennessee Health Care Campaign
The Vaccine Equity Program Manager will work to increase COVID 19 and Influenza vaccination in communities of color in Bedford, Crockett, Hamblen Hardeman, Haywood, Lauderdale, and Madison Counties in Tennessee. The Program Manager will determine barriers to vaccination, develop culturally appropriate messaging to promote vaccination, identify key opinion leaders to deliver vaccine promotion. The Program Manager work with community partners to plan and staff pop up vaccine clinics in underserved communities.
- Set up 2 listening sessions with unvaccinated adults to determine the barriers to vaccination.
- Recruit 10 trusted opinion leaders to serve as Vaccine Ambassadors.
- Develop vaccine messaging to effectively reach communities of color.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of vaccine advertising using Vaccine Ambassadors.
- Build relationships with community partners to promote vaccination.
- Assist in planning and presenting 4 in-service trainings for medical providers serving the target counties, with a goal of training 35 medical staff in culturally competent vaccine promotion.
- Collaborate with medical providers and community partners to host 7 pop up vaccine clinics aimed at vaccinating 75 people each.
- Collaborate with THCC staff and volunteers to promote agency mission, values and programs.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA, and to all policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with communities of color in the target communities
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and management.
- Organizing experience with faith-based, civil rights and community groups
- Experience with health marketing, including radio, TV, social media and print
- Understanding of the causes and consequences of health disparities.
- Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to enthusiastically communicate with volunteers and customers, in person, by phone and social media. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Zoom, internet-based applications, and the Microsoft operating system.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines. Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks. Ability to learn and apply training instruction.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality regarding customer information.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor and make independent judgments.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or a minimum of two years’ experience in the field.
- Two years’ experience working in community organizing, social service, faith, or healthcare environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and consumers with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with low-income, rural, Latinx and Black Communities.
- Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job; Must have and maintain automobile insurance coverage. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver License.
- Must have Smart phone in good working order.
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Up to date COVID and Influenza vaccination required.
Cell phone stipend,
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave,
Employer contributions toward health insurance.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Send cover letter and resume to: Director@TNHealthCareCampaign.org
The Tennessee Health Care Campaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Latinx, Black and other people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and those with lived experience with health care advocacy are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: June 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/01/2021
- Salary Range: $41,600
- Working Hours: Full time position, remote work from home position with frequent evening and weekend hours