Martha O'Bryan Center
Tutor – The Union at Stratford Middle
Martha O'Bryan Center
Starting wage: $18/hr
Tutors for The Union at Stratford Middle School are responsible for providing hands-on support and assistance including, but not limited to, providing homework help, leading math and literacy activities, and leading or supporting enrichment opportunities for 7th and 8th grade participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides hands-on academic assistance to students daily at our site at Stratford Middle School.
- Provides complementary homework help and academic support daily.
- Instructs and implements daily curriculum in math and literacy activities.
- Provides and assists with enrichment opportunities involving the arts, sports, health/wellness, social-emotional learning, music, STEM, leadership and service, as budget allows.
- Helps each student achieve success by encouraging students to reach individual goals.
- Assists with college visits and field trips as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or enrolled in a bachelor’s program.
- Experience working with high school or middle school students strongly preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion for working with young people.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is part – time.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth