Martha O'Bryan Center
Tutor – Middle School Student Academic Union (Part-time)
Martha O'Bryan Center
Tutors for Academic Student Unions are responsible for providing hands-on support and assistance including, but not limited to, homework help, tutoring support, and enrichment opportunities. This is a part-time, temporary position located at Stratford High School Maplewood High School, or Hunters Lane High School. This position reports to the Director of High School Initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Builds relationships with a small cohort of students.
- Provides hands-on academic assistance to students daily.
- Provides complementary homework help and foundational support daily.
- Helps each student achieve success by encouraging students to reach individual goals.
- Provides enrichment activities for students based on the tutor’s individual gifts and talents.
- Provides and assists with enrichment opportunities involving the arts, music, technology, health/wellness, social-emotional learning, leadership, and service.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or currently enrolled in a degree program; degree in Education a plus.
- Experience teaching or tutoring children.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion for working with young people.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $18.00