Truck Driver Assistant
The Truck Assistant provides physical support for the Drivers when picking up furniture, food and other donations in homes, business, churches or schools as well as communicating with store donors and community partners when coordinating their pick-up time.
• Accompanying the driver in the truck to pick up furniture, food and other donations in homes, businesses, churches or schools
• Loading and transporting equipment and materials to and from GraceWorks sponsored events
• Working with a partner and using appropriate moving equipment to lift heavy furniture
• Communicating with individual store donors to coordinate their pickup time on the scheduled day
• Interacting in a professional and pleasant manner with all donors, community partners, customers, and volunteers
• Assisting with loading and unloading of sold merchandise or donations at GraceWorks
• Cleaning, including bathrooms, lobby, store and any other areas of GraceWorks
• Assisting as needed in all areas of GraceWorks
• Being able to tell the GraceWorks story to anyone who asks
• Understands the importance of thanking donors for their in-kind donations
• Monitor back room and ensure docks remain clear, and landfill, cardboard and metal runs are scheduled as needed
• Mindful adherence to safety standards
• Must be able to lift heavy weights and use sound judgement when using lifting equipment
• Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Must be at least 18 years of age.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Team player who works well with others
• Ability to carefully carry heavy loads in a variety of circumstances, such as stairs, hallways, doorways, etc.
• Exercise good judgement when dealing with the public
• Able to effectively work with a diverse range of individuals
• Service and ministry minded
Medical, dental and vision available after 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
For a full job description and a job application, visit our website at https://www.graceworksministries.net/job-openings/
- Date Posted: August 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/22/2020
- Salary Range: 11.00
- Working Hours: 8 to 4:30, M-F, or T-S