Senior Ride Nashville
Transportation & Volunteer Manager
Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville (SRN) is a growing nonprofit in metro Nashville meeting the transportation needs of older adults by providing affordable, assisted rides given primarily by volunteer drivers.
SRN is hiring an organized, engaged and highly detail-oriented team member to manage the complex logistics of providing rides for our senior members and to ensure driver capacity by recruiting, training and supporting volunteers and managing contract drivers. Principal responsibilities are listed below, and special tasks may also be assigned.
This position is a salaried exempt position of 40 hours per week and reports to the Operations Director. This role presently operates as a hybrid of in-office and working from home and may be changed at any time according to the requirements of the organization.
SRN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Solve the ever-changing puzzle of matching ride requests with volunteers, contract drivers, and Lyft concierge, ensuring ride requests are fulfilled each day
- Manage contract driver schedules, making ride assignments daily (some Sunday hours may be required)
- Handle all emergency calls from volunteer drivers and riders
- Run weekly reports to maximize efficiency and maintain quality control
- Consistently maintain and update the ride software system and physical files
- Provide rides to seniors (at least twice annually)
- Back-up the Program Manager as needed, answering phone calls and following protocol for arranging rides, including accurate data entry
- Execute multi-step volunteer application and onboarding process
- Communicate regularly and promptly with all volunteers
- Schedule and prepare materials for bi-monthly volunteer trainings
- Serve as back-up trainer when Operations Director is unavailable
- Execute volunteer recognition plan for current volunteers to thank and celebrate them
- Monitor volunteer participation and ensure compliance with SRN policies
- Administer annual volunteer survey
- Recruit, train and supervise SRN office volunteers as needed
- Execute volunteer recruitment plan, maintaining accurate records to maximize volunteer program growth
- Build awareness of SRN’s volunteer opportunities by attending community events and creating and sustaining partnerships with social, civic, religious, and other local organizations
- Work with the marketing team to drive communication regarding volunteer recruitment
- Support and enhance the diversification of the SRN volunteer base
Summary: You are the kind of person who enjoys a mix of being out in the world talking to new people sharing a mission and being alone crunching numbers and solving puzzles.
- Experience – Minimum 3 years of related full-time work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior volunteer management experience is a plus.
- Must have a personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license and pass criminal and driver background screenings.
- The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including all current boosters for which they are eligible, and must show proof of vaccination.
Transportation Manager Skills & Attributes
- Enjoyment of detail-oriented work and commitment to accuracy
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work from competing requests
- Takes pleasure in problem-solving
- Enjoyment of working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience learning and efficiently populating and utilizing databases
- Ability to work effectively in Microsoft Office, inclusive of Excel
- Commitment to respectful and equitable engagement with diverse staff, organizations, and volunteers
Volunteer Manager Skills & Attributes
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with members of the community, volunteers, staff, and clients
- Ability and comfort in speaking formally and informally to various groups and individuals using mission-based storytelling
- Proven experience meeting deadlines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete a wide range of responsibilities
- Confidence and comfort level meeting and engaging strangers
- Excellent verbal and written skills across all platforms of communication
- Experience in leading group training sessions is a plus
- Benefit Stipend
- Competitive Time Off Policies
- Employer Paid Group Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
How to Apply
Submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com, no phone calls please. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/03/2022
- Salary Range: $46,500 - $52,500 + benefit stipend
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with evening and weekend availability for recruitment events and making ride assignments