The Next Door
The Next Door
The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Primary responsibility is to provide safe and secure transportation to an all-female population. Coordinate transportation needs and support other roles as necessary in between transports. This is a part-time position scheduled Monday – Friday primarily 9am – 2pm.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Transport by picking up and/or dropping clients for TND programming and admissions as scheduled.
- Transport TND clients to outside referrals, doctor appointments, parole appointments, 12 step meetings, etc.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance, cleanliness and safety equipment as required.
- Document transportation trips and vehicle maintenance issues.
- Collaborate with case managers, admissions team and other clinical staff on transportation needs.
- Effectively communicate with back-up driving staff as the need to use back-up drivers arise.
- Cover for front desk receptionist during lunch break and other times as needed.
- Assist with facility organization during non-transport times.
- Assist with Client Assistant duties during non-transport times.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 1 year minimum experience working with women in crisis situations preferred
- F-Endorsement Driving License
- Ability to establish and maintain professional therapeutic boundaries
- To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat patients and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, client, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Option to participate in 401K after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org and click on “About Us” then “Careers”.
- Date Posted: March 10, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)