AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through training communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins.
AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused on a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Survivor Care
POSITION SUMMARY: The Transportation Specialist will provide transportation services to human trafficking survivors in Middle Tennessee utilizing ATN-owned vehicles.
- Transporting human trafficking survivors to various appointments throughout Nashville and surrounding communities in the Middle Tennessee service area.
- Complying with agency policy and procedures, maintaining all required documentation (including reporting for grants) in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicating, conferring with, and coordinating the needs of our clients with the Care Coordinator Supervisor and the other direct services team members.
- Maintaining and overseeing the transportation calendar to make sure client needs are coordinated and prioritized.
- Maintaining and overseeing vehicle maintenance and registration for ATN transport vehicles.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Director of Survivor Care.
The work of aftercare is diverse and complex, including a broad range of activities and frequently changing conditions, situations, and problems. The Transportation Specialist must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems, and alternative methods and procedures, and know when to bring in counsel from their supervisor.
The Transportation Specialist must be willing and able to work in a trauma-informed, strengths-based culture and to make good, contextualized decisions.
- Provide safe and professional transportation for our clients, which may include both minors and adults.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other organizations as needed for transportation coordination.
- Coordinate closely with the Care Coordinator Supervisor, Survivor Care Coordinators, Director of Survivor Care, and other staff members to carry out the mission and in development of an ever-improving system of care for the survivors we serve.
- Attend meetings as deemed appropriate and useful.
- Second Harvest open shopping for the survivor food bank.
- Coordinate vehicle repair as deemed appropriate.
- Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by the supervisor. Duties may change according to organizational needs.
Work is carried out primarily by driving a vehicle with extensive sitting, intermittent standing, walking, and some lifting or physical activity or lifting. The Transportation Specialist will have regular contact with human trafficking survivors and must be able to maintain proper professional relationships in a trauma-informed manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Clean driving record.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management, scheduling, and punctuality.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement best practices around services for at-risk individuals and families.
- Moderate-level computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Experience in transportation or equivalent position with experience working with trauma, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, victim assistance, child protective services, youth in foster care, or human trafficking populations.
- People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interest of survivors, staff, and the agency.
- Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work, teachable and flexible.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
Full-time, 8 am-4 pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $36,000- $42,000 Based on a combination of education and experience.
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/month reimbursement for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours of sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
- Short-term disability, Long term disability, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Employer 403b matches up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and is dependent on the annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls were accepted for this position. No phone calls were accepted for this position.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: August 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 09/11/2023
- Salary Range: $36,000-$42,000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm