YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Transitional Housing Case Manager
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
The position is responsible for providing counseling, advocacy, and case management to domestic violence survivors within the Transitional Housing Programs. This includes coordinating in-house and community resources to meet the needs of the clients.
- Identifies barriers to success and makes appropriate referrals.
- Interacts closely with community organizations to remain current on resources available and disseminate accurate knowledge; advocates for victims and makes, and trains others to make, appropriate referrals.
- Provides individual and group counseling for residents living in transitional housing and community clients.
- Assesses client needs and develops case plans with residents, providing regular sessions to ensure progress.
- Measures results, tracks data and submits timely reports to Program Manager.
- Facilitates support groups with survivors of domestic violence.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions, and progress in consistent and ethical manner.
- Community outreach with the purpose of fostering or maintaining relationships with landlords and community housing organizations.
- Effectively manages conflict and crises.
- Conducts client intake and orientation to program in a timely manner.
- Conducts exit interviews and safety planning with residents departing program.
- Responds to crisis calls and makes appropriate referrals.
- Assumes responsibility for residential coverage, as appropriate.
- Provides support and assistance to volunteers, as needed.
- Develops an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Attends program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YWCA All Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Continuously addresses all aspects of professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and/or related field and 1 to 3 years of Case Management experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, clients, and/or vendors.
- Must be able to tolerate various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
- The employee must be able to move 25 pounds.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and clear driving record.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully function under pressure in critical situations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse background and social economic levels
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups
- Good decision making acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently
- Customer service focused
- Resourceful, creative and problem solver
- Self-starter with a high level of follow through
- Computer literate/mastery of technology and software programs
- Strong belief in the YWCA and ability to convey its importance
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Medical/Dental/Vision/HSA/Life/Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk