Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Transitional Housing Case Manager
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Transitional Housing (THP) Case Manager is responsible for the oversight, placement management, stay and discharge of Veterans in a therapeutic, transitional housing unit. He/she will work with individual Veteran clients on the design and completion of an individualized Action Plan including discharge planning, adherence to program/house rules, participation in agency/community services, and participation in relevant physical, emotional, housing, employment, social and/or practical services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complete a full range of case management activities with Veteran clients (including those with mental health/substance abuse concerns):
- Intake and Assessment,
- Care Planning (develop, monitor, update and revise),
- Referral, Liaison, and Education.
2. Facilitate and coordinate Veteran’s access to and appropriate use of OSDTN, VA, and/or community resources and services to successfully address personal issues/barriers and secure permanent housing.
3. Provide orientation to and monitoring of the Veteran’s adherence to program / house rules and participation in program / community services, groups, and activities.
4. Assist in the process of securing and maintaining needed program(s) eligibility documentation.
5. Participate in the design, delivery and/or facilitation of group therapeutic, educational, support and /or recreational activities.
6. Participate with team to identify, develop and implement best practices for services.
7. Maintain needed documentation via ClientTrack (client management software) of services rendered to include contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, care plans and outcomes.
8. Maintain work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards.
1. Implement, document and report THP defined monitoring activities (visits, inspections, drills, auditing) for assigned house(s) to ensure adherence to grant, community and government standards and rules for safety, security, functionality and cleanliness of residences.
2. Provide oversight and supervision to the Resident Manager /Resident Manager Assistants to enhance their ability to fulfill their job responsibilities.
3. Maintains needed inventory of house supplies (nutrition, cleaning, educational & recreation).
4. Work with Facilities & Maintenance Staff in the identification and completion of planned/needed replacement, repairs and renovations of building, furniture and/or appliances for assigned house(s).
1. Adhere to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
2. Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Perform other duties as designated by supervisor or agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and/or two or more years of experience in direct delivery of social services.
- Experience working with Veterans and/or comprehensive knowledge of issues regarding substance abuse or behavioral health issues.
- Experience with transitional housing programs desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Valid Current Tennessee Driver’s License
LIberal PTO and holidays; 401K; limited healthcare plan; flex time
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/26/2021
- Salary Range: 32,000-35,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week