Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The Training Specialist provides training to employees at various levels of the organization. This position will lead team efforts in designing materials based on the competencies of individual employees. The Training Specialist will work closely with the Manager of Training and Development to craft training programs and courses in an effort to increase employee workplace performance. This position will also be responsible for designing and learning materials, developing job processes, and for conducting training interventions. The training Specialist will need to ensure all materials align with our company’s mission and core values.
- Support the Training and Development Manager in all training and organizational development projects, programs, initiatives, and business needs.
- Identify training needs and translate requirements into trainings that will develop employees and groom them for the next step of their career.
- Design, develop, and deliver training courses, to include executing Train-the-Trainer programs.
- Develop training aids and manuals, instructional materials, and job processes.
- Conduct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Acclimate new hires to the organization through store, classroom, and virtual training.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Evaluate and update training programs to ensure they reflect changes.
- Stay abreast of new trends and tools in employee development.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, industrial psychology, human resources, education, business or related area is required.
- Knowledge of instructional design and course development.
- 3+ years of training and/or development experience.
- Strong facilitation and program delivery skills to support the creation and maintenance of training courses and programs.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of instructional design theory, learning principles, familiarity with training methods, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience working with a learning management system (LMS).
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in an organizational setting.
- Collaborative with proven ability to build rapport at all levels of the organization and leverage networks.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of training practices, systems, processes, and tools.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to effectively represent the company to others.
- Able to resolve issues successfully when handling situations that are not clearly defined and requires sound judgement and decision-making.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize, as well as meeting deadlines and thoroughness.
- Able to understand, communicate, comply with and administer policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Video Conferencing, and other computer skills.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit
How to Apply
Please apply at this link: https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Training-Specialist_13411
- Date Posted: April 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Social / Human Services