YMCA of Middle Tennessee
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and under the direction of the Executive Director, the Training Specialist is responsible for providing direct training support to SAS employees while maintaining confidentiality of all employee information. This person will serve as a liaison for the Association Training Department and Youth Development.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Must be able to create a climate for professional growth
- Create new hire files and follow up with new hires regarding training deadlines
- Manage and update the new hire spreadsheet with hire dates and important information
- Monitor completion of fingerprints, physical, and preservice process for new hires
- Develop and maintain an integrated training calendar for key initiatives; plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training events (in-person and virtual) for all SAS counties
- Manage all on-site aspects of training (decorate training space, order snacks and lunch)
- Help with room set-up and take-down for training events including tables, chairs, and computer technology
- Maintain and monitor DHS staff files and training inventory through the TN Pal & Train TN systems, to ensure staff are current on required DHS training.
- Create and conduct training for all leadership staff that oversee SAS and YCAP Day Camp- Training included but was not limited to Supervision, Communication, Conflict Management, Group Games and Songs, and CATCH
- Administer, collect, and record training evaluations through surveys
- Maintain inventory of ready-made training materials for frequently-led classes. Organize and maintain consistent inventory for all training supplies (folders, binders, table tents, markers, flip charts, etc.). Ensures training storage cabinets are neat, organized, and updated on a regular basis.
- Assist with training registrations to ensure all staff receive registration forms prior to the date of the event; including the TN Pal system.
- Prepare documents, spreadsheets, and reports and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintain and monitor expiration spreadsheet, to ensure staff are current with all required trainings.
- Resolve staff access issues (i.e., username, passwords, etc.) to TN Pal, Great Academy, and/or other training platforms
- Conduct surveys in person with Site Directors at least twice per year to capture feedback regarding yearly training. Create a reporting method for survey results
- Prepare certificates for staff to verify training completion as needed
- Communicate with staff through emails regarding expired CPR certifications, DHS Physicals, and Fingerprints
- Manage all aspects of CPR for new staff and existing staff (schedule classes, book locations, register staff, etc.)
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
An enthusiastic personality with the desire to serve members, volunteers, guests, participants, and staff to create a culture of service within our programs
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment, is required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum three years experience in training, education, leadership/organizational development, and/or adult theory
- Before the start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Within 30 days of hire: CPR/ First Aid/ AED
- Must maintain annual training requirements
- Benefits package including generous paid time off for full-time staff
- Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
- Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
- Discounts on youth programs, summer camps, and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to Apply!
- Date Posted: October 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $52,122 - $65,152 (depending on experience)
- Working Hours: Typically Monday - Friday, based on the needs of the program and participants