Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Training Program Assistant
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manager of Training and Certification Programs as he/she manages the Digital Career Accelerator training program for clients and employees. This is a two-year grant-funded position. This position will be responsible for helping to coordinate Goodwill’s Digital Career Accelerator program, including assessing and enrolling participants in training and tracking and reporting participant outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of training on employees and clients. This position assists in delivering digital literacy training programs and promoting digital careers awareness to clients and employees. This position will perform administrative support duties to the Manager of Training and Certification Programs
- Assists clients in online job searching and job applications.
- Distributes information on digital skills careers and career pathways to Goodwill Career Solutions centers, other Goodwill locations and employer and community partners.
- Offers interest assessments to Goodwill clients and employees.
- Schedules and conducts intake interviews for clients and employees interested in Information Technology training.
- Develops service plans to assist Information Technology training candidates to identify and provide resources and/or referrals to help overcome obstacles and barriers to employment and training.
- Recommends new services/programs to continually meet employee, community and client needs.
- Maintains digital skills training calendar.
- Enters training data in computer system; composes and/or prepares correspondence, memoranda, forms, manuals, and monthly training reports, as well as maintains training records and outcomes report.
- Assists in coordinating digital skills training events.
- Responds to and initiates inquiries and schedules interested participants in Goodwill’s training and certification programs.
- Communicates with training participants to obtain placement and other outcome information.
- Assists with conducting job readiness and digital literacy training as needed.
- Recommends new ways to conduct business to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements, at all times.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance and must be able to travel using their personal vehicle to assigned locations (mileage reimbursement).
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements at all times.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
1. At least three years of demonstrated experience in a related role.
2. Demonstrated proficiency with current computer technology and applications.
3. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
4. Must obtain GCDF certification within first year in the position.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Able to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and have the ability to learn new software as needed such as GoodTrak, etc.
2. Able to market Goodwill services to employers, referral sources and potential clients.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of vocational rehabilitation philosophies, procedures and practice.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
5. Able to coordinate and schedule multiple activities, projects and work schedules
6. Able to learn new processes quickly and possess strong organizational skills.
7. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
8. Strong time-management skills and must be able to pay attention to detail.
11. Able to establish and maintain contacts in the community.
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License
1. Experience preferred in scheduling and tracking training and development activities.
2. Excellent written, oral communication, organization, and computer skills preferred.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit,
How to Apply
Apply at this link: https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Training-Program-Assistant_13321-1
- Date Posted: March 19, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development