Rural Health Association of Tennessee
Rural Health Association of Tennessee
The Training Director will be part of a collaborative team that develops and launches training programs for Apprentices, Community Health Workers (CHW), and other health professionals. This position will be responsible for curriculum development, facilitating a statewide Community Health Worker Advisory Committee, and training for internal and external partners. Candidates should have strong working knowledge of rural health issues and facilitation experience.
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to determine instructional needs of future Apprentices, CHWs, and other entry-level health professions.
- Act as lead trainer for Community Health Workers among internal and external partners.
- Lead an advisory committee for Community Health Worker curriculum development.
- Responsible for the design and development of all RHA of TN training efforts for internal and external partners.
- Administer a professional development stipend program for behavioral health professionals.
- Develop and implement a system for continuous quality improvement and curriculum updates.
- Collaborate with the RHA of TN Directors to develop educational events and resource kits related to Behavioral and Maternal Health, Workforce, and other public health initiatives.
- Foster relationships with local and state community partners.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of grant proposals, reporting documents, and other correspondence, as necessary for federal, state and/or local funders.
- Maintain compliance status with relevant state and federal agencies.
- Create systems to effectively maintain records, program data, evaluations, resource materials and all other documents related to RHA of TN programs.
Team and Organization Management
- Work cross functionally with other RHA of TN staff to support all programs and organizational goals as identified by RHA of TN’s strategic plan and contracts.
- Supports the planning and implementation of the Annual Conference and Regional Events, including managing continuing education credits.
- Lead a high-performing team that meets grant goals and deliverables on time.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with RHA of TN Members.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree required with minimum 5 years of experience in public health programs. Master’s degree or additional certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to addressing public health challenges impacting rural and other minority populations.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, motivated, proactive, and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to plan, prioritize, and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Demonstration of excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, communication (verbal and written), project management skills required.
- Strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including government, education, and private sector.
- Proficient using technology as a management reporting tool.
- Experience working with a high-performing and collaborative team.
- Flexible with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience as a community health worker or other healthcare provider settings.
- Understanding of maternal and behavioral health policy issues.
- Experience working with a remote team and remote management.
- Position is full-time.
- Starting salary is $60-65,000
- 100% employee health insurance benefit option or 50% family plan
How to Apply
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume via https://rhat.mcjobboard.net/jobs
- Date Posted: October 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 11/15/2021
- Salary Range: 60-65000
- Working Hours: M-F general business hours some flexibility on start and end times