Rebuilding Together Nashville
Tornado Recovery Coordinator
Rebuilding Together Nashville
The Rebuilding Together Nashville (RT) Tornado Recovery Coordinator will manage RT’s response to the devastating March 3, 2020 tornado in Nashville. This team member will oversee the homeowner application process, develop and execute construction work scopes in partnership with construction professionals, represent RT at tornado recovery meetings and support the successful programmatic execution of the RT mission. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
- Develop a homeowner application process and lead outreach efforts to alert impacted homeowners about RT’s ability to help in recovery and reconstruction efforts.
- Assess applicants’ homes and work with the RT team and construction professionals to develop and execute an appropriate work scope.
- Ensure that RT remains in compliance with all funder reporting requirements for tornado recovery expenditures.
- Maintain organized electronic files and database records for vendors and projects.
- Travel to RT construction sites to ensure satisfactory execution of construction activities led by hired contractors and/or volunteers.
- Co-lead volunteer build days including: procure materials and tools; recruit and communicate with volunteers, including skilled House Captain volunteers when necessary; prepare homeowners for build days; oversee work on site ensuring safety, volunteer and homeowner satisfaction, and project completion.
- Serve as Rebuilding Together Nashville’s representative at disaster recovery coalition meetings and coordinate with partner organizations and agencies.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the Rebuilding Together vision and be able to articulate the mission and vision of the organization to diverse stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with disaster recovery efforts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing workplace
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with construction and renovation best practices
- Self-motivated and creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to remain flexible and think positively during work related challenges
- Able to work independently, and with a diverse team
- Strong administrative and office skills
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery and resilience best practices
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses required
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1 to 2 years of related experience required
- Experience with Windows 10 Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the internet required
- Experience with Salesforce or other online databases preferred
Physical and other requirements:
While performing the duties of this job the employee should be able to:
- Move materials weighing 10-20 pounds repeatedly and unassisted
- Navigate construction sites including rough or uneven ground, around debris and obstacles
- Communicate while on an active construction site including listening and speaking over significant ambient noise
- Speak to groups of up to 20 constituents about Rebuilding Together’s work
- Operate basic office equipment including computer, telephone, etc.
- Accommodate regular work hours including Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Some evenings, weekends and early mornings required
- Travel independently from office to work sites and other events as required. Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard mileage rate set by the IRS.
- This is a contract, non-exempt, and paid hourly position. Eligible for overtime pay at 40+ hours/week
- Annual pay range in the upper $30,000’s to mid $40,000’s depending on experience
- Competitive benefits package available
- Competitive time away from work policy
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
- Date Posted: May 8, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 06/08/2020
- Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F. Some overtime and/or weekends required