Third Grade Teacher
Harding Academy is a warm and caring school environment where respect is the key ingredient. Every child, parent, and colleague is a unique individual worthy of our understanding and greatest effort. Harding Academy employs outstanding faculty, staff, and administrators, provides technologically enhanced facilities, and offers a broad and challenging curriculum designed to develop the whole person.
The mission of our school is to educate and inspire young people to become thoughtful, creative, lifelong learners and self-disciplined, responsible, caring citizens. Members of the faculty are an important part of this effort. We strive and serve so that the students may become young men and women who are able to make choices that will benefit themselves, our society, and our world.
The primary teaching responsibilities of the third grade teacher include language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science.
- Demonstrates a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom
- Employs a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom
- Prepares motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, child development, and student abilities
- Encourages an inclusive classroom that accepts the different perspectives and backgrounds of the students and elicits a greater understanding of the world around them with a global perspective
- Utilizes a variety of assessments and uses data in the classroom to develop lessons and instructional activities needed
- Updates curriculum and materials as needed
- Teaching and Learning Environment
- Creates a learning environment that is motivating and supportive
- Creates an age appropriate setting with clear expectations for classwork and homework while maintaining current books and instructional resources that supplement the classroom
- Seeks to actively know students’ strengths and weaknesses and responds promptly and with care to parent concerns
- Communicates effectively with parents, colleagues, and administrators
- Maintains an accurate and organized system for monitoring student grades and records
- Meets reporting deadlines and requirements and follows school-wide procedures for reporting grades
- Prepares well-thought out and thorough conference reports and written documentation on student progress
- Maintains substitute plans and engages substitutes in advance when needed and when possible
- Demonstrates classroom management skills
- Professional Development
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn, grow, and improve as a teacher
- Continues to update knowledge of content area(s) taught
- Engages in goal setting and review process with assigned administrator
- Attends and participates appropriately in full, divisional, and departmental/team faculty meetings
- School Community
- Maintains a positive attitude and approach
- Supports colleagues
- Represents the school in the larger community in a positive manner
- Assists with projects and school-wide initiatives
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional maturity and the ability to respond calmly and effectively in stressful and dangerous situations
- Professional and effective written, oral, and listening communication skills
- Respectful attitude toward school faculty, students, and parents
- Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of personal information
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of work, personal, and professional ethics
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively as part of the Harding Academy team
- Active involvement in school functions, goals, activities, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of technology including email, spreadsheets, written and electronic correspondence, internet, school’s online portal, and smartboards.
- Must have reliable transportation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; current teacher certification in the State of Tennessee
Preference: Master’s and two years experience in an elementary school position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: speak, hear, stand, walk, sit; use his/her hands or fingers to: handle, grasp or feel; to: reach with hands and arms; and to: smell. The employee is occasionally required to kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be available to allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
Full Time Position
How to Apply
To apply please email Lower School Director Laura Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view the complete job description on our website please click HERE.
- Date Posted: March 12, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education