First Steps, Inc.
Therapy Program Office Assistant
First Steps, Inc.
Job Summary: Provide administrative support to therapy staff and customers to ensure the effective and efficient operations of First Steps’ Pediatric Therapy Program. Interact frequently with clients by phone and in person while scheduling appointments, processing paperwork or following up on insurance matters. Oversee client records, support them in their understanding of insurance benefits, and set up payment arrangements. Serve as the contact between First Steps and its contracted insurance companies and payors.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence including email, letters and faxes.
- Assist with filing, organizing, document creation, and photocopying as directed.
- Answer phones, direct calls, take messages and assist callers with general information.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy client files, including annual enrollment log.
- Verify insurance benefits for clients and ensure they have an understanding of their coverage.
- Maintain documentation and complete steps to meet the requirements of insurance claims submissions such as prescriptions, referrals, prior authorizations and medical records requests.
- Follow up on an outstanding or denied claims.
- Post charges, payments and adjustments as directed.
- Post treatment notes in the online system for children who are part of Tennessee’s Early Intervention System.
- Assist with maintaining equipment, materials and spaces in a professional, clean appearance and good working order.
- Assist in the submission of billing to Tennessee’s Early Intervention System.
- Greet patients on arrival and manage waiting room with a welcoming and professional demeanor.
- Create and distribute memos, letters, and notices to families, volunteers and staff as directed.
- Understand challenges that face each child and family and advocate for their needs as appropriate.
- Adhere to client confidentiality guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, Word, Publisher, and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to create reports and correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications, customer service and staff relations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to be multi-task oriented, work efficiently in a busy setting and cope with interruptions.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work without close supervision.
- Ability to consistently maintain a hospitable, kindhearted, team approach to work.
- Attention to detail.
- At least 18 years old
- At least a high school diploma.
- At least 1 year experience in a professional office environment.
- Medical or therapy administrative office and billing experience.
Paid time off
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 4, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/06/2022
- Salary Range: $15-$18/hour
- Working Hours: 32 hours per week