Therapist- Crisis 2 Housing
Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Vision: To live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
Position: Crisis 2 Housing Therapist
Summary: To provide overall clinical and counseling support for youth and young adults experiencing homelessness. This position provides individual, group and family counseling, supports crisis assessment and intervention efforts, and serves as an active member of the Crisis to Housing team.
- Provide short term individual, family, and group counseling services for youth and young adults who are experiencing a housing crisis.
- Utilize creative approaches to provide therapeutic supports for youth beyond talk therapy or other traditional methods.
- Assist in a comprehensive assessment of youth’s needs to ensure youth are matched with appropriate interventions
- Operate from a family systems approach to support young people in family strengthening efforts, as appropriate.
- Operate from an understanding and approach that working with youth in crisis means that although the primary service delivery will be through 1:1 interactions in person and through tele-health that in addition, this person will work closely with the staff in the Outreach Center to provide group sessions and otherwise interact with youth through regularly scheduled hours in the Outreach Center.
- Engage in a case conferencing approach with youth, case managers, and other parties as relevant to understand youth’s needs, strengths, and goals and to create a plan for services.
- Collaborate with program case managers to assess youth’s progress on goals.
- Support Oasis Center’s Point of Entry for youth accessing services, including responding to the crisis hotline, responding to referrals, and providing crisis intervention for walk-ins.
- Document client interactions in a consistent and ethical manner.
- Provide 1-2 groups a week for youth at risk of homelessness and currently in a housing crisis
- Manage crisis situations as part of day-to-day duties and participate in Oasis Center’s on-call rotation as needed.
- Participate in activities that help the community be aware of services available to youth experiencing a housing crisis.
- Maintain consistent and timely records, including relevant reports to meet funding and licensing requirements.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Knowledge and ability to apply behavior management techniques, basic counseling principles, crisis intervention theory, group work theory, and systems theory.
- Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent and family development.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Understanding of and ability to deliver services through a low barrier approach.
- Spanish-speaking is a plus, but not required.
Educational Requirements: Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or other related field, plus one year of relevant experience
Health Insurance – agency pays 80% Employee Only Coverage
Free EOC – Dental
Free EOC- Vision
401k – up to 3% match
Life Insurance policy
11 paid holidays, including Birthday and Juneteenth
How to Apply
Please send both a cover letter and resume to Cheryl Mendez -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: October 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40K-45K