The Mary Parrish Center
The Mary Parrish Center
The Mary Parrish Center (MPC) is a nonprofit human service organization that is dedicated to providing housing and support services for survivors who are homeless or in need of housing as a result of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, and/or human trafficking. Our mission is to provide survivors of interpersonal violence and their children safe, accessible and compassionate housing with individualized care that promotes healing, autonomy and hope.
The MPC is seeking a highly motivated full-time therapist who will serve survivors of interpersonal violence across the greater Nashville area enrolled in our Rapid Rehousing program, as well as participants of the Nashville Cherished Hearts Human Trafficking Intervention Court program through our partnership with the Office of Family Safety. The Therapist is expected to provide individual and family sessions to survivors and/or their children in their homes or at Nashville’s Family Safety Center. This is full-time exempt position, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
- Conduct therapy assessments, create treatment plans, and administer the PHQ-9 questionnaire and the PCL-5 checklist.
- Provide evidence-based, trauma-focused individual and family therapy.
- Collaborate with internal and external services providers to deliver best care.
- Engage in ongoing safety planning with survivors and their children.
- Maintain complete and timely documentation.
- Maintain all related data tracking for grant outcomes.
- Engage in regular supervision with the Executive Director as well as with an external supervisor if seeking licensure.
- Maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, staff and the agency.
- Attend required trainings and internal and external meetings.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, or counseling.
- Preference will be given for a therapist who is licensed or licensed eligible.
- Experience working with adults and children who have experienced trauma, preferably interpersonal violence.
- Preference will be given to a bi-lingual candidate.
- Preference will also be given to those who have certification or training in EMDR, Trauma- Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and other attachment/trauma related therapies and interventions.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work within a team and to work independently.
- Open to working flexible hours (some evenings based on client’s schedules) and environments (this position is very mobile- providing therapy in client’s homes and/or at Nashville’s Family Safety Center).
The annual salary is $45-50k based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Please combine all materials into one PDF and email your (a) cover letter and (b) resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Therapist.” Applications missing the required materials will not be considered. No mail, calls, or faxes please.
The Mary Parrish Center for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The MPC is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected status.
- Date Posted: November 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000