Teen Mental Health Education
NAMI TN is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Program Coordinator for our Ending the Silence (ETS) program. The NAMI Ending the Silence (ETS) program teaches students how to recognize early warning signs of a mental health condition for themselves and their friends along with where and how to get help. The position currently is performed remotely.
Job Summary: The Coordinator for ETS is responsible for two primary functions: Recruitment and Training of Presenters & Coordination of Presenters and Presentation Opportunities. Then program focus is to reach Jr. High and High School aged students in Tennessee. Presentations are in person and virtual.
Recruiting and Training of Presenters
- Seek to identify young adults and others that have experienced a mental health condition that would like to volunteer to help others through presentations.
- Screen potential presenters and offer coaching and connection with online training materials.
- Work with NAMI Tennessee staff and local affiliate/support group leadership to identify and recruit new presenters.
- Trainings will be performed in accordance with established NAMI protocols.
Coordination of Presentation Opportunities
- Network with, market to, and create collaboration with organizations interested in promoting teen mental health.
- Connecting presenters with engagement opportunities in schools and youth serving organizations.
- Coordinate payment of stipends to presenters.
- Ensure that evaluations are completed and data uploaded in information system (NAMI 720).
- Report locations and number of students served.
- Provide support and recognition to presenters as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth and young adults
- Experience or familiarity with mental health conditions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and able to give constructive feedback to presenters.
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge in computers/computer programs using the Microsoft Office.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills including social media.
- Must have a valid TN driver’s license.
- Occasional in-state travel may be required. **
**Currently NAMI TN is operating under Covid travel restrictions.
Paid holidays, Flexible work schedule
How to Apply
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use: ETS Coordinator Opening and your Full Name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 01/17/2022
- Salary Range: Based on experience.
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/week, Flexible Work Schedule.