Technology Support Generalist
The IT Support Generalist supports Cumberland Heights’ mission to transform lives, giving hope and healing to those affected by alcohol or drug addiction.
The IT Support Generalist is responsible for facilitating services in relation to projects and tasks assigned to the IT department. This position also provides daily help desk assistance to end users.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Implements and coordinates various aspects of the end user workstation initiative to ensure consistent access and availability.
- Provides daily help desk assistance to end users.
- Organizes institutional technology support for end-users throughout our state-wide system of care.
- Prioritizes requests, across the CH health system, for services according to those critical to organization mission and number of end users impacted.
- Provides overall technology support to all locations of service throughout our system of care.
- Evaluates network performance issues (across our system) including availability, utilization, throughput, output, and latency.
- Provides support for Tablets utilizing security software as well as maintaining a database of users.
- Installs, repairs, updates, and replaces end user computer workstations as needed and/or requested.
- Provides troubleshooting for network issues, workstations, printers, scanners, etc. and escalates problems to appropriate resource within the department.
- Provides training and works with employees in utilization of computers and equipment required by their job function.
- Ensures that from a technology perspective, each patient and family experiences a welcoming, safe, and healing environment that is maintained throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends and prioritizes critical ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is preferred. A minimum of one (1) to (3) years experience troubleshooting computer problems, installing computer hardware and software, and serving as a major resource for computer hardware and software issues preferred. One or more computer certifications preferred, and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds; ability to push/pull up to 40 pounds; ability to speak, hear, see, stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, handle and reach; ability to speak, read and write in English; good problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills; good oral and written communications skills; excellent attention to detail; exhibits patience and performs well under stress and deadlines; proficient in Microsoft Network operations; advanced Windows, hardware and software troubleshooting skill, including:
- Strong background with Windows operating systems (Windows 10/11 Server 2008/2012/2016/2019)
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- General Networking Knowledge (DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN)
- Good written and oral communication skills
If recovering, one (1) year of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step Program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to the demands of a 24-hour health care operation and computer. Position may require flexible hours including evenings and weekends with on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis. Position may require local travel to outpatient locations.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Please visit our website at Cumberlandheights.org
- Date Posted: January 5, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other