Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist works directly with Nashville Symphony staff to meet their IT needs, including hardware, software and systems access.
- Establish and maintain end-user domain accounts and assign security privileges; ensure that end-user access to available systems is maintained.
- Install and configure end-user hardware and peripheral devices; set up hardware and software to assist with the special needs of other departments or rental clients.
- Ensure network systems security and integrity; monitor systems usage, performance, and security logs; report policy infractions to supervisor; recommend changes to IT policies, procedures, and systems.
- Provide diagnostic support to staff for answering hardware-related and application software questions; receive, prioritize, document and resolve end-user help requests; maintain a high level of end-user satisfaction.
- Establish preventative maintenance and diagnostic programs for all system components; upgrade components and application software.
- Maintain and update documentation and software licensing information.
- Work as a team member to support organization-wide IT needs.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year university/college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have working administrative knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Group Policy, Windows Server, Windows, and MacOS.
- Working administrative knowledge of Hyper-V virtual environments, SQL Server, networking, firewalls, multi-factor authentication, VOIP telephone, Microsoft Azure, and Wi-Fi is preferred.
- Experience providing customer care and help desk support for workforce and mission-critical applications.
- Excellent customer service that demonstrates ability to listen, analyze technical issues, identify solutions or know where to research solutions, and resolve issues on a timely and helpful basis.
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment while keeping supervisor informed of work activity and issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to translate technical terminology into lay terms.
- Ability to work as a team member with a proactive, positive, and helpful attitude in developing creative responses and solutions to needs and issues, and the ability to provide knowledge to others in order to improve the overall computer-assisted work process.
- Ability to maintain the strictest of confidence.
- From time to time, ability to work flexible hours depending on operational needs of the staff or required maintenance of systems.
- A good sense of humor, appreciation of the arts, and global perspective is an added plus.
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability and flex spending
- Paid parking
- 14 paid holidays / two weeks PTO (10 business days) / 4 personal days
- 403(b) match
How to Apply
Apply at https://smrtr.io/97nt3
- Date Posted: May 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Arts / Culture