Brentwood United Mehot
The Technical Director oversees all aspects of technical direction including pre-production, video, sound, and equipment to support the Streaming Broadcast Team related to live-stream worship and other events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and oversee the overall operation of the Streaming Broadcast Team in all technical aspects of video recording and editing through pre-production, production, and post-production of worship services and other large events
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for all livestream worship, programs, and events to achieve a successful broadcast
- Provide pre-production planning and assembly of shot list based on specific elements of worship service or event to include camera selections, graphic overlays, and ProPresenter content
- Provide real-time operation of broadcast switcher during livestream services and events
- Manage YouTube link ensuring stability of broadcast uplink prior to and during broadcasts
- With leadership from Director of Production—train and coordinate workflow of Streaming Broadcast Team
- Attend weekly Worship & Arts worship planning meeting
- Perform routine equipment maintenance as directed
- Experience with pro-level video production equipment, including streaming systems, PTZ camera control operations, broadcast audio mix integration, communication systems, etc.
- Experience with and working knowledge of OBS (Open Broadcast System), YouTube platform, ProPresenter, Photoshop, and Final Cut ProX
- Competent in MS Office Suite
- Experience with real-time operation of video broadcast switcher, calling (directing) live camera shots, Up/Down stream keys for lower thirds and other video/graphics, etc.
- Leadership skills and experience in supervising, coaching, and workflow management
- Team-player with ability to lead well and stay calm under pressure while being service-oriented
- Self-starter who anticipates needs of staff and leadership while able to troubleshoot systems and solve problems as they arise
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or related field
- Two (2) – five (5) years of experience in video production and/or live stream production preferred
This position supervises, leads, and directs members of the production team through training, coaching, assigning projects while collaborating with Director of Production on development opportunities, and performance reviews. Positions assists to establish work schedules for the team.
This job operates in an event space environment (sanctuary). This role routinely uses various production, electronic, and other AVL equipment as well as standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an event space (sanctuary) environment. Position is combination of sedentary and standing and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, stoop, bend, reach and crawl. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 50 pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 29, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 08/09/2020
- Salary Range: 25 per hour
- Working Hours: Total hours per week are 10-12 hours. In-building work hours are Sunday 7:00a – 1:00p (6 hours) for live-stream worship services. Additional weekday hours (up to 6 hours) are needed for production planning and preparation for a total of up to 12 hours