Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Technical Advisor for Weatherization
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Performs work related to technical monitoring, energy policy, training, and compliance for weatherization programs administered by the Community Programs Division. Develops, administers, and oversees adherence to applicable energy standards and regulations in conjunction with the federally-funded Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Programs (LIHEAP), and other programs where weatherization activities are required in the delivery of the program.
- Leads in the oversight of weatherization activities, program design standards, adherence to energy and building codes, related energy audits, payment review and grant close-out for the programs administered by the Community Programs Division.
- Coordinates with other Divisions to develop, implement, and/or maintain energy and weatherization standards for the agency in compliance with THDA, state and federal requirements.
- Inspects and/or coordinates the inspection of weatherization activities undertaken by THDA grantees to ensure conformity with local, state, and international codes as applicable with building or rehabilitation federal and state program requirements.
- Provides oversight and coordination of work of inspectors engaged in the examination of the weatherization construction of homes within the state.
- Reviews and approves the work write-ups, estimates, plans and specifications through a pre-determined process of programs as necessary.
- Coordinates with other Divisions to develop and implement energy efficiency and universal design standards associated with housing weatherization construction or rehabilitation.
- Interprets and implements federal and state statutory and regulatory policies as they relate to THDA-administered federally and state funded programs.
- Provides technical assistance and trainings to grantees, agency personnel, and THDA staff.
- Develops program manuals and policies for any construction related language.
- Provides input to contracts between grantee, beneficiary, and/or contractor as needed for conformance with program requirements.
- Processes grantee pay requests, as necessary.
- Recommends policy clarifications and revisions.
- Conducts monitoring visits and prepares monitoring reports.
- Researches specific policy issues as requested.
- Briefs the Director and Assistant Director on energy issues and policy, as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison to grantees, general contractors, and other partners on weatherization issues.
- Conducts and participates in workshops.
- Provides guidance and support to Division and THDA staff as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor degree and/or relevant post high school certification required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in building, architecture, engineering or related field preferred.
- Five years of experience in housing development construction inspection, weatherization program, building trades, and/or building code compliance.
- Experience working in a federal, state, or local housing program, including construction management, property management, real estate, or other housing field is preferred.
- Experience related to energy audits in association with a current training center that has provided training and technical assistance to a state DOE Weatherization Assistance Program is preferred.
- Related industry certifications (Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET), North American Technical Excellence (NATE), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), or Building Performance Institute (BPI) Energy Auditor are preferred.
THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: June 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: 5483.00