Teacher Aide – Bilingual
Bethany Christian Services
Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.
As a Teacher Aide you will responsible for assisting the certified teacher in providing an educational experience in a therapeutic setting.
- Assist in providing daily school routine for children of a variety ages and educational backgrounds.
- Assist teacher in completing educational plans and assessments of students.
- Be a backup to the teacher to provide instruction to students.
- Assist teacher in creating lesson plans and curriculum.
- Participate as a team member and attend meetings with treatment team members to discuss children’s behavior in classroom if necessary.
- Provide program coordinator and/or program manager with weekly updates of students.
- Attend training provided internally and in the community and apply newly gained knowledge in providing services.
- Be available to translate both written and verbal communication for program clientele and staff.
- Schedule and transport youth to medical, dental and immunization appointments when needed.
- Work with program supervisor to schedule and prioritize work duties.
- Assist with other transportation needs, including reunification.
- Attend trainings as required by supervisor.
- Purchase small items as requested.
- File documents in case records as requested.
- Organize intake packets as requested.
- Make copies, phone calls and complete paperwork for teacher or case managers as requested.
- Act as a liaison between foster parents, children and case managers by providing with information obtained.
- Good verbal and writing communication in both English and Spanish.
- Be a team player.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma with some college or previous work in a school setting.
- High level of patience with immense love and compassion for children
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, creative and able to work in a diverse setting.
- Demonstrate verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage.
- Knowledge of state, community and agency resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with other team members.
- Skilled child care worker with knowledge of developing fun and interesting activities
- Ability to get along with children and entertain them
- Excellent child supervision skills
- Deep understanding on children’s need for social, physical and intellectual growth
- Efficient in offering safe environment for children
- Familiar with the nutritional and hygiene needs of children
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a vehicle on behalf of the agency
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
- BA/BS in Education, Spanish or other related field.
- Prior work experience with refugee or minority families and demonstrated cross-culture sensitivity.
- Previous experience working in educational setting and/or creating lessons plans and curriculum for students.
Bethany Christian Services offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth