Talent Management Recruiter Senior Associate
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
Talent Management is dedicated to supporting TennCare’s greatest asset – its employees. Our team focuses on learning and development, performance management, retention, employee engagement and recruitment with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall employee experience. Talent Management is responsible for developing initiatives to improve our workplace culture making TennCare an even greater place to work. To help us create and maintain a positive work culture, Talent Management is looking to add a recruiter to their team. The TennCare Recruiter will be responsible for meeting hiring goals by filling open positions with talented and qualified candidates. They will oversee and manage the full life cycle of the recruiting process. This entails utilizing an applicant tracking system for sourcing and screening candidates, coordinating the interview process, and facilitating offers and employment negotiations, all while ensuring candidates have a pleasant experience.
- Takes ownership of the candidate experience by designing and managing it (including onboarding); makes recommendations to leadership on potential enhancements.
- Identify talent pools in the market to source top talent from.
- Actively identify, engage and recruit passive candidates.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organizational plans and objectives; meets with managers to discuss needs
- Conducts market assessments to identify trends for attracting top talent.
- Recommending new policies and practices;
- Ensure all job openings are posted to the appropriate external sites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Centers for Non-Profit Management, etc.)
- Determines applicant qualifications by reviewing résumés and job applications to ensure they align with stated job requirements.
- Conducts first round phone interviews, analyses responses, and make recommendations for in-person interviews to hiring managers.
- At times, support the scheduling of interviews with the hiring manager and interview team.
- Provide guidance and recommendations during the offer process.
- Support and manage the offer process through to onboarding of candidates.
- Trains agency representatives on appropriate face-to-face recruitment behavior and interactions.
- Serves on interview panels as needed.
- Responsible for all off site recruiting including university outreach, conferences, job fairs, etc.
- Builds applicant sources by research and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters and internet sites; provides organizational information, opportunities and benefits; makes presentations and maintains rapport.
- Collaborates with managers to identify and develop key career development initiatives to ensure a constant pipeline of talented and diverse applicants.
- Supports TennCare’s internship program as needed.
- Supports TennCare’s Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Employment and Community First CHOICES pilot program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 2 years recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume roles simultaneously
- 2 years’ experience recruiting in relevant industry environment
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: June 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government