Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Swan Ball Administrator & Auction Coordinator
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Reporting directly to the Swan Ball Chairs and Auction Chairs, this full-time position provides administrative support for the Swan Ball in a variety of functions with efficient management of the office and supports the Auction Chairs as required in their efforts to plan and execute a successful Swan Ball Auction.
- The Swan Ball Office Administrator will manage the day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally while maintaining a professional image.
- Responsible for daily banking and payment processing to ensure all Swan Ball finances are in order, including invoicing, following up with vendors, recording all daily deposits, maintaining accounting files in a neat and orderly manner, and assisting in preparing monthly financial reports for the Swan Ball Chairmen.
- Assist in managing the Auction database.
- The Swan Ball Auction Coordinator will provide leadership and direction to the Auction Chairmen in a variety of functions throughout the year. Responsibilities include serving as the liaison to the Auction Committee, coordinating monthly committee meetings, collecting, and managing all auction lot information in Asana, and managing the online auction platform. Responsible for the Auction Committee Kick Off in the Fall, coordinating the Auction Party in the Spring, and oversees the production of the Auction Brochure (see attached detailed timeline of auction responsibilities).
- The Swan Ball Office Administrator & Auction Coordinator will have access to Swan Ball information that is confidential or propriety in nature and must not divulge or release this information to anyone including database records, office files or any other Swan Ball related materials without the permission of the Swan Ball Chairs. Records, files, and related materials are expected to be locked and secured at all
- BA in Business Administration, Accounting or the equivalent combination of education, related training, and work experience.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
- Proven verbal and written communication and strong customer service skills.
- Must be pleasant, polite, personable, enthusiastic and the ability to adjust to various personalities.
- Manage multiple tasks yet flexible to rearrange priorities as necessary.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in both a busy environment and alone.
- Willing to work with sensitive information where confidentiality is critical.
- Must have database experience and the ability to manipulate data for export and reporting.
- Experience using Abila MIP Fund Accounting and basic non-profit constituent management are a plus.
- Prior experience in business management and administrative support.
- Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 on a Windows 7 or 8 computer in a Windows Server.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disablity Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, 403b & ROTH 403b, AFLAC, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity workplace
- Date Posted: September 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 09/17/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk