AncoraTN (Formerly End Slavery Tennessee)
Survivor Care Program Manager
AncoraTN (Formerly End Slavery Tennessee)
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through educating communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins.
AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused around a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Survivor Care
POSITION SUMMARY: Are you committed to advocating for justice and demanding dignity for survivors of human trafficking? Are you passionate about creating a community where everybody thrives? Are you motivated by building community collaborations and developing staff potential? The Survivor Care Program Manager plays an integral role in ensuring holistic and trauma-informed care as AncoraTN fulfills our mission to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Tennessee.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will oversee a holistic system of care for the survivors of human trafficking.
Responsibilities include: • Implementing all aspects of our aftercare work, including reviewing, and implementing program policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Developing and overseeing internship programming including recruiting, onboarding, and supervising master-level Direct Service interns.
- Maintaining all required documentation, including reporting for grants, in a professional and timely manner and assisting in tracking outcomes for grant purposes.
- Supervising Survivor Care Coordinators and Transportation Coordinator and cultivating a Trauma-informed and strength-based culture among the team.
- Supporting Direct Service staff through ongoing training and professional development.
- Coordinating care with therapist(s) and other partner health agencies to ensure a seamless system of care with case management informing treatment and vice versa.
- Ability to provide direct care to survivors as needed to support staff.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other organizations for case coordination and response.
- Mediate participant grievances and facilitate case management/participant issues in collaboration with the Care Coordinators as needed.
- Ensuring the direct service team complies with agency policy and procedures through weekly supervision, direct service meetings, and daily oversight.
- Collaboration with residential and clinical staff to provide wraparound care. This includes leading weekly treatment team.
The Survivor Care Program Manager will plan and carry out assignments with little supervision and report regularly to the Director of Survivor Care, including discussion of work progress and/or new problems requiring executive involvement.
The work of aftercare is diverse and complex, including a broad range of activities and frequently changing conditions, situations, and problems. The Survivor Care Program Manager must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems and alternative methods and procedures.
All positions at AncoraTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgement free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and the ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at AncoraTN.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or participants. Some car travel required (must operate both personal and staff vehicle). Work hours are primarily daytime but does require some night or weekend work when on call or assisting a referring partner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field, licensed or license eligible preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working with vulnerable and underserved populations.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate best practices around trauma-informed care and strength-based leadership.
- Moderate level computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours when survivor needs dictate.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors.
- Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout Middle Tennessee.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, 8am-4pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $48,000-$56,000 range based on a combination of education and experience
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays • 4 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and dependent on annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position. No phone calls accepted for this position.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: May 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/26/2023
- Salary Range: 48000-56000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm