Survivor Care Coordinator
End Slavery Tennessee
ESTN is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization. Adopted by ESTN at its founding, the Mission, Vision and Values describe who we are and the beliefs which animate our actions. Compulsory agreement with this statement is not a condition of employment. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors in an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. The mission of End Slavery Tennessee is to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront slavery in our state. We are an agency focused on professional excellence. The work environment will focus around an inclusive team – all working towards the mission, value and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Survivor Care
The Survivor Care Coordinator will provide services to victims of human trafficking in Middle Tennessee utilizing End Slavery Tennessee in-house services, contracts, community service providers and other collaborations.
*** Due to the sensitivities of our clientele, this position is open to women only.
- Establish strong, appropriate and caring working relationships with victims of human trafficking assigned to caseload. Clients will include both minors and adults.
- Complying with agency policy and procedures, maintaining all required documentation, including reporting for grants, in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicating, conferring with and coordinating care for clients with other direct services team members.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Director of Survivor Services and/or the CEO
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships other organizations as needed, for case coordination and response.
- Coordinate closely with Director of Survivor Care and other staff members to carry out the mission and in development of an ever-improving system of care for the survivors we serve.
- Build rapport and trust with a diverse population including clients, staff members, volunteers and donors.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on clients and services for grant reporting and research purposes.
- Transport survivors of human trafficking in personal vehicle.
- Be on-call on a rotating basis for after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Attend Cherish Hearts court weekly and be an advocate for human trafficking Survivors and Trauma Informed Care
The work of aftercare is diverse and complex, including a broad range of activities and frequently changing conditions, situations and problems. The Survivor Care Coordinator (SCC) must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems and alternative methods and procedures, and know when to bring in counsel from their supervisor.
The SCC must be willing and able to work in a trauma-informed, strengths based culture and to make good contextualized decisions.
- Attend meetings in the community, as deemed appropriate and useful.
- Maybe called upon to represent the organization and share expertise at professional and community training and other events.
- Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by supervisor. Duties may change according to organizational needs.
- Work well with law enforcement and other referring community partners
Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity or out in the field. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Regular car travel required (must operate both personal and staff vehicle).
Work hours are primarily daytime, but does require some night or weekend work when on call or assisting a referring partner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BSW; MSW preferred;
- Bi-lingual preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement best practices around services for at-risk individuals and families;
- Computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Experience in case management or equivalent position with experience working with trauma, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, victim assistance, child protective services, youth in foster care or human trafficking populations;
- A working knowledge of community mainstream resources;
- People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations;
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours when survivor needs dictate. Rotating on-call hours on nights and weekends are part of this position;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages;
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, staff and the agency;
- Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work, teachable and flexible;
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance and access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout Middle Tennessee;
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
Full-time, 8am-4pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $36,000 – $38,000 Range based on a combination of education and experience.
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- Cell phone stipend – $60/ month
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 10 paid holidays
- 3 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions. Eligible after 6 months of employment
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to applicants moving forward in the process.
Fax: (615) 806-6994
- Date Posted: October 2, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services