Supported Residential Services Psychiatric Rehabilitation Coordinator
To provide case management and other support services to residents of Supported Residential program towards the goal of more independent community integration.
- Support services for residents:
- Refers and links residents to services including primary care provider, Park Center’s Outreach SOAR team, SNAP, TennCare, case management, educational programs and other services identified by the resident.
- Communicates pertinent information and plans to primary case manager.
- Transports clients to appointments when primary case manager and other supports are unable to do so.
- Assists Employment Team with residents as needed.
- Assists with transition/discharge planning.
- Attends Outreach meetings as needed for coordination of care.
- Assists with WRAP, IMR, and additional skills training groups as needed.
- Participates in at least two significant direct-care interactions with each resident per month.
- Develop Recovery Plans.
- Completes the initial Recovery Plan, with the resident’s input, within 14 days of
- Ensures that the Recovery Plans are appropriately updated and modified to meet the ongoing needs of the resident.
- Ensures that the Recovery Plan is implemented and that interventions are carried out consistently and appropriately.
- Teaches, demonstrates, and actively assists residents in developing the skills to maintain stability in the community.
- Chart Documentation
- Ensures that each resident is scheduled for a physical examination within 30 days of entering the program and document in chart. Ensures that each resident receives a physical exam at least once per year thereafter.
- Writes AWARDS Progress Notes for each significant contact with resident within three business days of the encounter.
- Reads through resident progress notes as-needed to gain familiarity with member progress and barriers.
- Documents discharges in AWARDS.
- Medication Documentation
- Ensures each resident has a sufficient supply of medications by responding to any refill needs, coaching residents in building skills to obtain medications, and communicating with residents’ medications providers and primary case managers
- Record keeping/Administrative Duties:
- Records time on weekly timesheet.
- Records nightly absences in AWARDS at the end of the month.
- Assists Resident Counselor Supervisor with Resident Counselor Meeting biweekly
- Public/Staff Relations:
- Utilizes voice and email.
- Communicates regularly with other staff to meet the needs of members and residents.
- Develops appropriate working relationships with other mental health, social service and rehabilitation agencies.
- Works as a team player with other staff.
- Other Duties as a member of Park Center Housing staff:
- Attends staff and supervision meetings.
- Assists with housing events.
- Participates on on-call rotation.
- Has good attendance in the program and informs supervisor in advance of annual leave or other time off.
- Follows all Personnel Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills.
- Strong professional and ethical behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology or other related field OR at
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology or other related field OR at least 2 years’ experience in a mental health or social service setting.
- Psychosocial or housing experience preferred.
- Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance.
- Must be insurable under Park Center’s automobile insurance.
Paid Time Off (accrual basis)
Access to Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life and ancillary plans.
How to Apply
Please send resume to:
Please complete an application through www.parkcenternashville.org
- Date Posted: July 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 08/10/2020
- Salary Range: 14.00/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F, 1pm-9pm