Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc.
Support Specialist (Bi-Lingual-Spanish)
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc.
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Support Specialist in the Refugee and Immigration Services Department. This position is full-time and based at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Support Specialist performs administrative tasks and related duties in support clients and department. Daily activities include answering phoone calls and emails, maintaining client records and case files, requesting and tracking financial disbursements on behalf of clients, creating and submitting vouchers, data entry, monitoring of client arrivals and processing family reunification (AOR) applications. The Support Specialist is a member of the Support Staff team and assists other members as needed. The Support Specialist also serves as back-up to the Safe Release Specialist in performing digital fingerprint screenings for sponsors and related data entry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains financial records and tracks subsidy spending for all client accounts
- Prepares and submits check requests and vouchers for client expenditures
- Reconciles monthly client credit card expenditures
- Disburses and tracks bus tickets and mattress requisitions
- Maintains and monitors client case financial documentation in case files
- Prepares client letters, notices and forms
- Tracks client verifications and arrivals daily, submitting and posting as needed
- Outreach and meeting with a client’s US tie to complete resettlement agreements
- Submits Selective Service registrations as applicable for new arrivals
- Processes and submits family reunification applications (AORs) in coordination with the USCCB
- Completes paperwork and data entry accurately and in compliance with program standards
- Ensures all items are properly filed and maintained
- Serves as a member of the support team providing back-up as needed
- Serves as back-up to Safe Release Specialist
- Enters sponsor information accurately into the fingerprint database, conducts digital fingerprints and submits the completed information electronically
- Attends program trainings and conference calls.
- May serve as an interpreter when language skills are applicable for case services.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and two years general office experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
- Superior computer skills including knowledge of Excel (create spreadsheets, sort, drop down menus, formulas, look up tables, etc.) and proficiency in Office 365 applications.
- Requires proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience working across cultures
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
- Must possess superior listening skills and be patient
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
Please e-mail resume to: Debbie Kincheloe, Support Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: October 16, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/26/2020
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30 pm