Support Services Case Manager
Are you passionate about food justice and connecting clients to the culturally appropriate nutrition support resources they need to live happy, healthy lives? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your skills in social services, build experience to help you achieve your career goals, and work with an awesome team? Do you enjoy addressing complex challenges by collaborating with clients and with your team? If so, then this position might be the one for you!
Nashville CARES is seeking candidates to provide comprehensive case management services to people living with HIV. Our agency serves clients from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. This position provides opportunities for growth within the agency and also serves as an excellent chance to build skills as a social service professional to support you throughout your career in the field. This position is currently office-based, so candidates must be able to come to the office in Nashville on a daily basis. This position is tasked with ensuring agency clients have access to appropriate nutrition and transportation resources that support a client in meeting their HIV healthcare needs. The ideal person for this position will be organized, have experience in the food industry, enjoy working with a team and independently, have excellent problem-solving skills, and be able to balance compassion and boundaries in their work. At Nashville CARES, we believe as strongly in an actual work-life balance as we do in our mission and are seeking candidates who feel as strongly about both as we do.
Please submit your resume and a COVER LETTER explaining why you are specifically interested in this position to be considered.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive, integrated case management services specifically targeted to address the changing, challenging, and complex needs of individuals living with HIV
- Work with the Nutrition Program Manager to expand the current Choice Pantry offerings, allowing more clients to access nutrition resources clients choose for themselves
- Triage, through assessment of needs for clients who walk into the office, ensuring they connect with the appropriate person and complete referrals to other services, as needed
- Meet regularly with clients in the office, in client’s homes, and in the community to conduct assessments of individual need, and provide assistance and advocacy regarding nutrition, medical, social, community, financial, and other needed services
- Based on clients’ identified needs, establish a plan of care to ensure clients can more easily access nutrition services, medical care, substance use treatment services, oral health care, mental health services, and support services to maintain HIV healthcare.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients to promote a partnership in achieving client goals
- Coordinate with a network of care providers to help clients achieve improved health outcomes
- Exchange feedback and support with team members
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and with work to support excellent service provision while preserving self-care
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant work or life experience
- Knowledge and skills to provide support to clients accessing a variety of social services and nutrition resources
- Proficiency with a variety of technology, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), electronic health records (training provided), and general Windows PC and cell phone technology
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or other Human Services degree
- Experience in the food/grocery industry with knowledge of inventory and ordering
- Experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and a full range of local community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (starting at over 5 weeks per year, increasing over time with length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 9, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $37,000-$40,000