Nashville Rescue Mission
Supervisor, Men’s Guest Services
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Supervisor to join our Men’s Guest Services team. Are you the right person? Do you have experience in overseeing a residential facility and resident clients (guests), conducting intakes for arriving clients, providing basic shelter services and security while supervising, teaching a coaching a staff?
This job might be for you if:
You’re Strong In Your Faith
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character. Are you prepared to share your testimony?
You’re A Diplomat
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position monitors and readily corrects staff when necessary and can do it with grace while facilitating a warm and inviting atmosphere that nurtures structure and Christian growth.
You’re An Encourager/Leader
There are times when you will need to put out fires and maintain morale. Managing and overseeing first shift. This person will demonstrate empathy and patience in dealing with guests, and staff members. They motivate rather than criticize, because strong leaders understand the effect they have on the people around them.
- Intakes new clients as they arrive; listens to and talks with clients about their problems and encourages them spiritually; assists them with emergency clothing or hygiene needs; helps with food.
- Oversee clients taking medications and logs each person’s name and any significant information.
- Evaluates mental health situations and refers and works with the police to best assist the client.
- Encourages frequent residents to join the Mission’s Life Recovery program.
- May supervise a client on work therapy in his duties.
- Oversees crisis situations and medical emergencies by taking the appropriate actions, which follow policy and proper first aid procedures, notification of emergency services, and notification of Director.
- Maintains an incident log of client actions and crisis situations which is to be reviewed by the Director the following day.
- Performs security checks for bathrooms, door openings, and windows, downstairs, remaining alert through the entire shift.
- Maintains accurate census records.
- Leads team members, assisting them as needed throughout the Men’s facility.
- Serves as a personal witness for Jesus Christ and shares the Gospel with clients/guests.
- Committed Christian willing to be a godly example to guests, staff, and community.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills are essential to job. Must be a team player and have positive and optimistic attitude.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- High school diploma or GED. Two years experience in a customer-facing role plus supervisory experience preferred.
- Moderate reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays, and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume or email your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: December 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.