Nashville Rescue Mission
Supervisor, Guest Services
Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is looking for a Full-time Shift Supervisor to join our Men’s Guest Services team at our Women’s Campus. Are you the right person? Do you have experience in overseeing a residential facility and resident clients (guests), conducting intakes for arriving clients, providing basic shelter services and security while supervising, teaching, and coaching staff?
Monday – Tuesday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday – Thursday, 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Friday, 10:00 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.
You’re Strong In Your Faith. Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character. Are you prepared to share your testimony?
You’re A Diplomat. Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position monitors and readily corrects staff when necessary and can do it with grace while facilitating a warm and inviting atmosphere that nurtures structure and Christian growth.
You’re An Encourager/Leader. There are times when you will need to put out fires and maintain morale. This person will demonstrate empathy and patience in dealing with guests and staff members. They motivate rather than criticize, because strong leaders understand the effect they have on the people around them.
- Provides supervision of direct reports. Meets with team members regularly to provide feedback and keep lines of communication open.
- Ensures that the shift is adequately staffed; approves and posts monthly schedules, approves all time off, missed punches, and weekly time sheets for submission to the Assistant Director: participates in recruiting and hiring qualified applicants to fulfill department needs.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of assigned staff; participates in performance evaluations; identifies gap areas in performance that need corrective action and/or counseling, up to and including termination.
- Trains, motivates and leads staff members in a Christlike and professional manner.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to guest needs; provides radical hospitality and gracious, compassionate guest service leadership and assists guests with inquiries and strives to meet their needs.
- Committed Christian willing to be a godly example to guests, staff, and community
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills are essential to job. Must be a team player and have positive and optimistic attitude
- Proficient in computer skills
- High school diploma or GED. Two years’ experience in a customer-facing role plus supervisory experience preferred
- Moderate reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less
Health Benefits, Time Away from Work, Life Insurance and More. Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Retirement. Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
NRM offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for time off for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the NRM family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Student Loan Forgiveness. Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
How to Apply
To apply, visit Nashville Rescue Mission Careers or send your resume to HR@Nashvillerescuemission.org.
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: Monday - Tuesday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Wednesday - Thursday, 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Friday, 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.