Linden Waldorf School
The Substitute shall meet the needs of the children, the program, and the well being of the classroom. He/She will work to guide the children through imitation, and the substitute will help to strengthen and develop the children’s will and senses through meaningful interactions. He/She will have flexibility in working with a dynamic age range, and classes dependent upon the individual’s interest. Classes in the Waldorf curriculum include: Drawing, Language Arts, Math, Handwork, Woodwork, Music, Movement, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Classroom Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise the children in play.
- Assist and guide them through lessons.
- Follow the prepared work in the substitute binder.
- Relay messages to the parents from other teachers.
All teachers share responsibility for the well-being of the school. Aspects of this responsibility are:
- Maintaining and striving for an openness to understand and work with the Anthroposophical underpinnings of Waldorf Education and child development.
- Participation in the design and execution of an individualized plan for professional development. Attendance at Waldorf Education summer training as identified as appropriate by the School.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
1 – 2 years previous classroom experience
Have completed, or be willing to complete Waldorf Certification
401K, Dental, Vision, Health
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 11, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth