Linden Waldorf School
Student Support Administrative Assistant
Linden Waldorf School
Linden Waldorf School serves Early Childhood through 8th Grades.
We envision a thriving intergenerational and diverse community of lifelong learners dedicated to fostering the ideals of Waldorf education with the intention of cultivating the intellectual curiosity, moral consciousness, and physical well-being of our students, families, and the greater community.
Linden Waldorf School’s mission is to provide education that honors the developmental stages of childhood, cultivates a love of learning, and addresses the whole child through the head, hands, and heart.
We value Waldorf education and participating in its evolution; building on the foundation of Rudolf Steiner’s insights into child development and actively working to keep the education relevant to our time and place.
We value education that is developmentally appropriate, addresses the whole child, is academically challenging and fosters a lifelong love of learning.
We value a thriving community built on the ideals of peace, joy, cooperation, collegiality, financial responsibility, diversity, integrity and respect.
We value a deep connection with nature that nurtures wonder and reverence for the world around us. We value bio-dynamic agriculture and other forms of environmental stewardship that create a sustainable path into the future.
We value a welcoming learning environment where faculty and staff strive to bring students to an understanding and experience of the common humanity of all the world’s people – transcending stereotypes, prejudices, and divisive barriers.
This position is responsible for helping to organize and coordinate the activities of the Student Support Committee.
- Participate in professional development, faculty meeting, and in-services
- Maintain and strive for openness to understand and work with the Anthroposophical underpinnings of Waldorf education and child development
- Willingness to learn and train in Kim John Payne’s Social Inclusion approach
- Ability to communicate the Social Inclusion approach to parents as needed
- Attend and coordinate Student Support Circle meetings as needed
- Coordinate follow up communications and meetings with parents as needed
- Attend weekly Student Support Team meetings as a note-taker
- Assist Student Support Team with resources related to Social Inclusion
- Maintain a ‘Meaningful Work’ schedule for children needing time away from the classroom
- Coordinate meetings between class teachers, subject teachers, and referring teachers as needed
- Update Quiet Room Log on a weekly basis and share with faculty
- Attend Social Inclusion, Care Group, and Discipline and Guidance meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Track students in Trello–including keeping student cards updated, scanning and attaching all documents related to each student (incident reports, notices of concern, referral forms, teacher feedback, email/communication strands, and any other relevant documents)
- Act as administrator on Trello, allowing Student Support team members access to relevant information
- Editing notices of concern, incident reports, teacher-to-parent communication as needed
- Data organization and input
- Use Google Suite to facilitate the work of Student Support
High school diploma required
1 – 2 years administrative experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Note taking skills
1 – 2 years experience in an educational or school setting
Knowledge or interest in Waldorf Education
Familiarity with Google Suite
Physical Job Requirements for all Linden Waldorf School Employees
Must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, standing or sitting.
- Move about to reach students and/or access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly/occasionally operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Ascend/descend stairs and traverse campus
- Position self as needed, including bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting, reaching.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and leadership.
- Actively supervise students with focus even when distractions present.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Medical, Dental, Vision Health, 401K
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 8, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture